Question about MAC codes.

Associate
Well I have come to my senses and have asked AOL for a Migration Code, I was going to leave them last week but they gave me a wireless router and a cheap deal on there Platinum service. At the time they said I have a 7 day cooling off period which the last day is today.

Upon phoning them and telling them I had decided not to carry on the deal and that I want my MAC code, they say it takes 2 days to issue, smells a bit whiffy to me as in 2 days time I will be out of my cooling off period.

I can just see it now, MAC code doesnt get issued, I phone up tuesday and it will be " oh, sorry sir, there seems to be no record of you calling, bam heres a 12month contract" :) So my question is how long does it take to get a MAC code, I remember getting one of Wanadoo and it was issued instantly.

Associate
Hi

Sounds strange i know but i recently got a MAC off Pipex and they said 48hours and took about 36 or so before i got mine ... funny some take ages some issue within minutes

Caporegime
Takes 2 seconds to generate a MAC.
Only time they can justify longer is if the monkeys you speak to don't have access, and the requests get queued up.

Back
Top Bottom