Question about syncing iPhone on a new computer

Associate
okay, so i installed windows 7 on my pc the other night, now when i plug my oiPhone into the computer and iTunes pops up every time that i press sync i get confronted with a message claiming that i will lose all of the data.

obviously i have no way of connecting it to the itunes/computer that it was first plugged into as it no longer exists on the hard drive. at the moment im not bothered about the music as i have that on a different drive, but more concerned about the apps/purchased made via the phone/texts and contact info etc....

what do i need to do in order to be able to get full functionality back and be able to access things like apps via iTunes.

many thanks.

Associate
What you needed to do was backup the itunes folder (the one in documents and settings, not the one in program files) from your old install and then copy it to the new itunes folder on your new install.

If you backed it up then you're laughing, if not then you have a rocky road ahead!

Apps will have to be redownloaded, contacts/calender should be fine as you should be able to set it so that what's on the phone is correct, music will need you to reimport your library to itunes and then set up new playlists and sync those with your iPhone.

Hope this is helpful!

Back
Top Bottom