Question: Who would you like to slap in the face?

Man of Honour
If it's just a gentle slap to show disapproval then Boris Johnson for acting like Chinese Dictator Xi Jinping for well over a year. I thought he was a liberty loving Briton, all he had to do was shelter the old and vulnerable until they could be vaccinated instead of going full CCP on the entire country. Kids have been at school for months and they're going after them now.

I'm gonna rise to that one... explain to me how that works?

With people generally free to circulate more normally spread goes up, a lot - I assume some people are still labouring under the delusion that won't happen. Even with significant numbers vaccinated we are seeing cases climbing as things open up.

When the virus is active generally in the general population people like my 28 year old colleague who lives with his very vulnerable grandparents can't really avoid it. Without a way for him to shield indefinitely with them he takes the virus back to them even if they otherwise cut themselves off from the outside world.

This isn't an unusual story - you'd have to additionally lock away from the rest of the world all those people who live in multi-generational houses and/or care for the more vulnerable. Many of them don't have the option of simply moving to other accommodation to avoid the situation - it might be possible for some with support but that would be a huge logistic undertaking and the benefit system struggles as is.

These people tend to factor predominately in key industries such as supermarket retail as they provide the kind of flexibility they need and other reasons. You'll also find there are many crucial older employees (not an ideal situation) who are relied on in many areas of critical infrastructure as the skills and experience haven't appropriately filtered down. Without these people many of these businesses will struggle to operate - losing 1-2 normally is one thing but with a whole load having to go at once a different situation - some could be replaced others definitely couldn't. (I suspect this is a significant factor in why the government went to lockdowns).

It has been difficult enough as it is for many of these people - I saw more than one close to a breakdown and/or in tears during the first few weeks of the situation as they had no reference as to how much risk they were putting friends and family under and many were thankful for the lockdown as it removed the level of exposure they were under while still having to be at work.

Last edited:
Soldato
no singular person or individual but collectively all the absolute ******* ********* who continually bleat on that covid is fake, lockdown was unnecessary and the vaccine contains a tracking chip. i'd love to slap every single one of them. and by slap i mean corral them all onto one island and drop a bomb on them.

Caporegime
Piers Morgan > slapping < Vanessa Feltz

BlueMonday.gif

e: it wasn't Blue Monday, it was True Faith I was thinking of. Someone should make an app that lets you put two slappable peoples' heads in place of the actors.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Macron obviously wasn't trained in hand to hand at HEC, like two jags.

Macron didn’t attend HEC, but I guess that you knew that, his alma mater was École Nationale d’Administration.
On a more serious note, he was fortunate that that guy didn’t have a knife in his hand.
Macron’s protection, the GSPR, will probably take some flak over this, but it was probably his decision to rush over and glad hand the crowd.
In the opinion polls, Marine Le Pen’s Rassemblement National party has a 3% lead over Macron’s La République en Marche party.
He was probably trying to show that he was happy to mix with the people, in the hope that they’ll like him again.

Back
Top Bottom