Questions And Advice For New Build

Associate
OP
Not exactly white

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £73.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

There's an all white one on *insert name here*. £41 but may be worth it for the colour consistency. Although this one you've suggested may stop it being a bit overkill with the white.

This is getting very hard now. Updated basket below. There are two cases. Not ruling out the 4000x at all but leaning more towards H510 elite purely for aesthetics. My main concern is a combination of the price and airflow. If it had decent airflow, I'd be willing to spend the money. The other option is the Lian-Li O11 mini-s. Only issue is it doesn't come with fans. It can fit up to 9 but how many would you recommend? And any reasonably priced ones with either RGB or white LED? Wouldn't want to spend more than £50 on fans ideally but also don't want rubbish and loud ones.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £1,257.48 (includes shipping: £19.62)

Last edited:
Soldato
forget the 011 series unless using water cooling. Also with a full atx board it can be a bit tight from what I have heard.

I just dont see what else you get in the elite case for the extra money over the next one down in the range which is a lot cheaper.

Associate
OP
forget the 011 series unless using water cooling. Also with a full atx board it can be a bit tight from what I have heard.

I just dont see what else you get in the elite case for the extra money over the next one down in the range which is a lot cheaper.

That's my main issue. I love how it looks compared to all other cases I've seen but it doesn't seem right spending £150 on a case with supposedly poor airflow. Also really like the h510 as you've mentioned but again, not sure on the airflow - especially when I upgrade CPU/GPU in future. 4000X still has a tempered glass front panel which I like but at least it's got open edges and a vent on the side panel.

What do you think of the motherboard (gaming edge wifi)? I've seen quite a few build videos with the MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk used but it doesn't have built in wifi. Obviously I could buy a separate adapter but seems more convenient if it's built in. I've gone with the gaming edge on Craig's recommendation. Didn't add the bundle you mentioned initially as I can find what I've posted (Mobo CPU and RAM) for the same price.

Soldato
I have built a rig using the gaming edge and its a nice board with good features.

Its always a compromise between airflow and style with pc cases.

Associate
OP
I have built a rig using the gaming edge and its a nice board with good features.

Its always a compromise between airflow and style with pc cases.

You're right, there. Think longer term knowing that I'll upgrade my GPU and CPU at some point in the future, do I really want to be storing them in a case with poor airflow? (rhetorical question of course).

Looking forward to get these ordered now. Once the GPU is dispatched by OC, I'll be pulling the trigger.

Thanks everyone who has helped!

Associate
OP
Thinking of spending £50 extra for the Corsair H100i and 1 case fan rather than an air cooler and 3 case fans. What are your thoughts on that? I know it'll be overkill since I doubt I'll overclock my CPU but think it'll look a cleaner setup and hopefully be slightly quieter?

I've never used an AIO before. They look fairly easy to fit? Thinking top mounting it as an exhaust with 1 120mm back fan as another exhaust and using the three supplied with the 4000x on the front as intakes.

Associate
Complete waste of money especially with a 5600x. The freezer 34 duo will cool it quietly unless your running it maxed out for a long time.

I think your right here, sometimes when i'm playing and the fans ramp up on the AIO Corsair no less, it gets embarrassing lets just say. I'm often wondering if its the gpu when that's whisper quiet and god knows what people on my comms think.

Associate
OP
Enjoy as we want to see pictures of the finnished build.

Thanks again. I'm building it tomorrow (everything is sat next to me other than the GPU). I thought the pc would be left incomplete due to the GPU not being dispatched but managed to bag a founders edition 3060ti this morning and just rang for a refund on the pre-order.

Might end up putting it into the project log section so I can get some tips off people. Will link to it in here once I do.

Before I start it, it looks like my mobo will need a bios update. Does it make a difference if I flash the bios before putting it together (PSU obviously plugged in) or if I fully build the pc first then do it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom