1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick dye question

Discussion in 'Optical Storage & Writing' started by ~Divine~Wind~, 22 Jan 2006.

1. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Manufacturer ID: MCC 02RG20

Any good ?

Found some verbatim disks rather cheap but I wanted to check the dye first.

2. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Yep, scans are decent, good pie/pif

3. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

ta mate

4. Jeff Crawly

PermaBanned

Actually some of the scans coming from the Indian Verbs are actually appalling!!
    Verb are very hit and miss at the moment and you never know if your going to get some dodgy Indian manafac. ones!!

TY or G04's (<if you can still find some grade A's)

5. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

The OP asked about the media code MCC02RG20 which are Verbs made in principally taiwan (either by MKM or under instruction from CMC) or singapore, the scans are on the whole pretty decent, in general not as good as TY but very good.

FYI the indian verbs are made by Moser Baer India and use the MBIxxxx Media id's and have no association with the MCC media id.

As for GO4's the whole grade thing is a marketing ploy, riteks are poo atm, no matter what.

6. Jeff Crawly

PermaBanned

LOL

Below is a scan I have just done on a 2+ Year old Traxdata G04, pretty much controdicts what you have just said :rolleyes:

Let's see some of your elite scans then????

[​IMG]

7. >:|sh4d0w|:<

Mobster

Well theres no need to be so rude mate! Im sorry if i offended you, but were both reasonable people here. I do believe my point was well made.

1. Although 1 scan cannot wholy contradict, lets accept the one scan.
    2. I said "riteks are poo atm", that is a scan on a ritek produced over 2 years ago;

Your scans is on GO4's produced two years+ ago, when the GO4 dye was a good dye, the second 50% of GO4 batches, to when they were being reduced in quantity produced were absolutely appalling, this evem went as far as dye spotting and splotching on a small no. of batches, even the branded b/m stuff was appalling, the discs were nothing like the older go4s, most refusing to burn, errors during burns, terrible scans right after burning, horriffic degredation over time. Although they did improve, to an extent the trend continued into the G05 series. As a result if one were to buy GO5's or Go4s today they may burn fine, but the scans will be mediocre, and withing months, the pie/f's will be through the roof.

If youd like to see some of my scans ill gladly oblige;

Heres one to start off; If you want more i will email them to you (i dont wish to clutter up the forum on an off topic post).

DVD+R 8X
    MID: YUDEN000T02
    BenQ DW1640 BSLB FW (Philips 1628 Crossflash)
    SB/OS/WOPC Off.
    Burned; 12X in ImgBurn.

[​IMG]