Quick Q on ram timings...

Caporegime
Hi, just a quick question...im thinking of getting a memory Kit consisted of 2 X 1GB memory sticks from corsair...

Basically...i dont overclock...and doubt i will, although i may in the future just a little bit, so im basicaly asking are Ram timings important for someone who doesent overlcock? Or do the timings of the ram effect the running of the system overall THAT much that its noticeable with lower timings...

Regards..

Soldato
RAM timings are the most important for those who don't overclock. Look at the OCZ 3200 Plats or Gskill ZX as Corsair only rate at 2-3-3-6 rather than 2-3-2-5.

Caporegime
OP
Hi again, Thanks for the reply dude much appreciated...Ace, the Gskill ones seem cool, on offer too, would like to get them just i dont want to order them by themselves now :(, Ill have to keep an eye out on good timings...

Thing is, sometimes i see ram timings, but which numbers are better to have lower...like "2 3 2 5", Or is it just a good idea to try and keep them all low?

Regards...

Soldato
Most important are the first 3 and the first 1 especially. You want this to be 2 and then as close to 2 for the next 2 and as close to 5 for the final one. That's a simplistic buyers guide ;). Ideally all low is best though :D.

Caporegime
OP
Ahhh ace, Ta dude :) Very much appreciated...

Do you value G-skill ram good at all then? Just never really heard of them much, and i know Corsair are just generally reasonably stable thats why i was looking at them...

Soldato
Well Gskill have made some good RAM recently and are a decent brand. If you aren't buying now, then you might as well get OCZ who in my eyes are better and probably one of the best RAM manufacturers.

Back
Top Bottom