1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quick query on sound cards

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by Philtor, 11 Apr 2010.

1. Philtor

Soldato

Hi guys. I have bought a sound card through the Members market and having never had a proper sound card before I have a question...

Does my front panel audio still come from the system board or do I need to connect it to my soundcard once it comes?

2. stulid

Capo Crimine

Connect it to the sound card.

The motherboard connectors are for the onboard sound chip.

3. Philtor

Soldato

Thanks stulid ! :)

4. Marsman

Capodecina

Depends what card it is, some cards do not have a front panel header.

5. Philtor

Soldato

It's a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4. Model number: SB0610. So I just install the driver and then the card? Sorry for being stupid here but I have never used a dedicated soundcard until now so just wondering.

Last edited: 12 Apr 2010
  6. CAPTAINBUMFLUFF

Hitman

Most soundcards have the slot for front panel audio I know the asus ones do for sure

7. Marsman

Capodecina

Hmm, I'm not so sure. Creative never used to put them on their older cards, probably because they had their Live Drive front panel thing, which they could sell in some form or another. My X-Fi Xtreme Music, which was one of the first X-Fi's does not have a front panel header, so I would guess that the Audigy 4, being an older card than that, will not have one either. I am not certain though, but I would be surprised if it did.

8. Philtor

Soldato

Thanks Marsman. Assuming this card has no connection for the front panel audio im stuffed :(

Last edited: 12 Apr 2010