Quick Question on RAM (More or faster)

Associate
Hey guys, i'm currently in a small dilemma i have the following..

x2 512MB Crucial PC3200 RAM, it isn't ballistix.
x1 512MB Geil PC3200 Value,

If i attempt to run all of these together my system doesn't POST, i can get it too but i have to slow the memory down to PC2100 i think 133MHZ. I've figured its doing this because the Crucial RAM cannot run at similar speeds to the Geil one in terms on timings. If i run the 2 Crucial sticks on there own totalling 1GB i get PC3200 or 200MHZ and my FSB:DRAM is CPU/12.
If i run with the Geil stick i run at 133.3MHZ and CPU/18 however the timings are 2.5-3-3-3-7 however with just the Crucial its 3-3-3-8. I'm wondering would it be better to run 1.5GB with all these sticks noting however they aren't running in Dual channel mode at these speeds or should i go down to 1GB and run the Crucial memory at 200MHZ OR should i just buy another stick or 2 of the Crucial and be done with it. ;)

Thanks

Man of Honour
Totally depends on what you're doing. High detail gaming (Looks like this from your sig) will benefit from MORE ram, as it will not have to resort to the :mad: pagefile :mad: (Causing chugs etc). If you're doing anything else I'd say faster, as the bandwith will have higher priority performance wise.

Back
Top Bottom