R.I.P Keith Flint

Soldato
Said much better than I did.

Being married with kids is not the magic bullet to happiness and fulfilment.
Some struggle with the idea you can feel entirely alone even though you have people around you. Even just typing that out sounds weird - but I know it to be true. It's really hard to explain it, and unless you've been to that place it's likely bordering on incomprehensible.

Caporegime
If I remember right your goal in life was to get a pet cat in your parents basement. Now I appreciate there are different strokes for different folks but there is a reason why people with relationships and children probably push that lifestyle. It's pretty standard human behaviour.

Unfortunately less people tend to push the life of kitty litter and lonely cat cuddles.
I'm not pushing anyone into anything. The point was advocating that people "should" get married and have kids to achieve happiness is just as likely to end badly as end well.

My personal circumstances aren't all that relevant. Anyone with a basic grasp of statistics can see that marriage + kids doesn't equate to happiness. If it did divorce wouldn't be a thing.

Soldato
I'm not pushing anyone into anything. The point was advocating that people "should" get married and have kids to achieve happiness is just as likely to end badly as end well.

My personal circumstances aren't all that relevant. Anyone with a basic grasp of statistics can see that marriage + kids doesn't equate to happiness. If it did divorce wouldn't be a thing.

I totally agree about marriage (I have been against the idea for marriage for a long time. much to my partners dismay) however when I had my daughter a few months back I went from being indifferent about having children to thinking she was the most amazing thing imaginable.

Until I experienced it I would never had pictured myself feeling like this.

Anyway. As someone said, suicide comes from deep rooted mental issues, a marriage and child will never fix that.

Soldato
Said much better than I did.

Being married with kids is not the magic bullet to happiness and fulfilment.

Yup. Life is complicated and everyone's situation is different. The important thing isn't whether you're married or single, have kids or don't have kids, whether you (or your kids if you have any) are deemed "successful" or not. "Happiness" is something far more basic and is routed far deeper. That's the problem here. It shouldn't come from outside approval. To mean anything it has to come from within.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Can someone please explain what this article is about?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-47975644

Apparently cars have been vandalised in a small village but I don't understand what is the connection between the vandalism and Keith Flint from the Prodigy?

As I wrote earlier in the thread though, RIP Keef. The Prodge were one of my all-time favourite bands :(
I'm going to guess its just because he could look quite menacing and unhinged in some of his pictures and nothing to do with the fact it's him .

Soldato
It was on the news today that he had hanged himself, so sad :(

That was reported at the time of his death, all the really happened today is they were more specific about his cocaine, codeine and alcohol levels and recorded a narrative verdict rather than determining he took his own life.

Caporegime
Frankly, I think he was unhinged, fill yourself with alcohol, legal and illegal drugs then put a noose around your neck, that’s not the actions of a rational man, tbh I’m surprised at the verdict.

R.I.P. :(

Soldato
Unhinged people don’t generally take the time to put estranged wives on deeds, generally get things in order and market houses for sale. Depressed people often do exactly this, I knew someone who had purchased Christmas presents for the family and carefully wrapped them before putting everything in boxes to make it easy for his family to take to charity shops or give to who he wanted to have them. It would have taken him weeks, in the aftermath he’d been to see old friends/visited family and done things to help others, outwardly he seemed fine, till he jumped in front of a train.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Back
Top Bottom