R.I.P Keith Flint

Soldato
Gutted -- so many gigs (9 times I think I saw them live) from festivals to small arena tours. Music for the Jilted Generation was the anthem of my 1st year at uni......Every night you could hear it getting belted out in the student halls.....

Great front man - so much energy - gutted......

Associate
Extremely sad news, more so after hearing it was due to Mental Health and taking his own life.
First single I ever bought was Firestarter and Fat of the Land was my first album, big fan of Prodigy and been to see them many times. Friends went to a gig only a month or so ago and I couldn't make it due to a Wedding.. that would have been my 5th time seeing them.

R.I.P Keith, thanks for the memories and hope you've found peace.

Soldato
Yeah I was shocked upon hearing about his passing - 49 is no age to go.

Like most I'd grown up around their music, having listened to them in my college/uni days. I then saw them in '96 at the Pheonix festival and they were epic there. Liam belting out a rendition of Poison and Their Law was deafening. I last purchased their album that followed Fat of the Land and that was it. They were trying too hard to move with the times and they just weren't being recognised anymore.

Soldato
Jilted and Fat are two albums that go way beyond defining an era and ones that I will never stop listening to, they're a force of nature barely contained within the sound.

RIP Keith, thanks for all the aching limbs, bruises and sense of being slightly disjointed with the world ;) :( :(

Back
Top Bottom