R.I.P Keith Flint

Soldato
Heard earlier and pretty damn gutted. Prodigy Experience was the first album I bought with my own money as a teenager and even had to queue for it in Our Price, remember them? I've been to a few of their gigs as recently as a couple of years ago at Alexandra Palace. I dragged an old mate along as in all his adult years he had never been to any gig let alone a Prodigy one. Everyone had a blast. Real good times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSNyTxIVxa8

RIP Keith. Thanks for the good times.

Soldato
Loved this nutter :(

Remember having a chat with the group in the early 90s after a gig they did in the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth. A few weeks before Charly hit the charts. He was off his **** :D had long straight hair too.

Associate
Loved this nutter :(

Remember having a chat with the group in the early 90s after a gig they did in the Pleasuredrome in Farnworth. A few weeks before Charly hit the charts. He was off his **** :D had long straight hair too.

Haha he was the archetypal "Ecstasy" lad back then - The hair though! That was epic and made him easily recognisable.

Caporegime
Also seen today on Facebook Keith also had an investment in a Moto 3 team so aside from music Motorsport has lost a big player too. (not sure if this has been mentioned)

Doubling the void left, such a tradgey but atlest he has found peace.

May you be starting many fires in Heaven my man.

He shared a race track with Michael Schumacher on two wheels. He was a massive motorcycle man.

Soldato
First time I saw the band live at the Pheonix Festival in '96 made me realise that this guy was absolutely bonkers. Liam and Leeroy were on the mic, mostly the former whilst Keith was either whipping up the crowd into a mental frenzy or just crowd surfing all over the shop. There was some trouble too at a few points during the performance but I'm convinced that the night took away a proportion of this 40 something's hearing away. I've got great memories and I doubt I'll ever forget that day.

Soldato
I wonder how many people are leaving work with goosebumps owing to some Prodigy tune or other. For me it’s smack my bitch up (just happens to be the first in a list). Been ages since I played any Prodigy.

RIP Keith. 90s icon and dance music legend.

Man of Honour
RIP

They were massive to me growing up, I never got to see them live and finally managed to grab a couple tickets to see them at SW4 this year. Sad to see another one of my childhood frontmen take his own life. Hope his family and friends are okay.

Associate
No Good, Voodoo People, Firestarter and Breathe were from my formative years. Then went back and bought their 1st album retrospectively. The Prodge lost the plot in the 2000s, but their later material went back to their rave roots and the Prodge would remain one of my all-time favourite bands now.

RIP Keef Prodge :(

I hear that

No Good being my favourite closely followed by voodoo people

The No Good video basically defined many of the discarded warehouse nights we used to party at during the early 90’s. Often as sparsely populated like in the video. Good times.

Rest in peace

Soldato
Suidice it was. Those crazy 80's and 90's pill poppers coming back to haunt them.Do people nowadays go to raves and take E like they did back then. Can't say I was into it but you used to hear about it.

Soldato
From experiance of other people, wanting to commit suicide can be completely irrational. From someone outside looking in like i was it can seem totally non-senseical and honestly i still cannot understand anyone wanting to commit suicide.

Well it's probably the most rational thing tbh. Everyone has the voice in their head, it's the one that goes, 'Ffs why did you do that' etc etc

For some people that voice is more controlling than others. When you're feeling down about something in particular, your mind gets stuck in a constant loop where everyday it keeps reminding you over and over again about the negative thing that you're down about or that effected you. When you're busy with other people, it's just perfect...but when you're on your own, then this **** just keeps repeating and repeating and you're sat there wondering, jeesh how have I ended up in this, this **** playing over and over again in my mind.

But then there is a completely rational voice that says to you, you know you don't have to actually feel like this. You can end it all pretty easily and you will be at peace...that's why being on your own is so dangerous.

Soldato
I loved Experience, raved my nuts off to mixes from that back in the day, Jilted generation seemed like a masterpiece until Fat of the land dropped. Saw them at Ally last year, still great live.
So gutted, feels like something big has gone from my music life and so sad that an icon for my generation can be so alone that something like this can happen. RIP Keith, you lot were involved in some of the messiest fun nights of my life and you will be missed.

Soldato
I remember going to the FOTL tour, this was largely pre-internet, I was 16? and it was the first time i'd seen Prodigy live, it was one of those gigs you never forget for a variety of reasons, i've yet to go to a gig that's been comparable. RIP Keith and thank you.

Soldato
Gutted. Experience and Music for a Jilted Generation were HUGE for me. Lost count of the nights I danced my arse off to their tunes in the 90s. Just a year older than me too, I'd heard he struggled with mental health but he was really into his bike racing and his team was doing really well in BSB. RIP

Soldato
I hear that

No Good being my favourite closely followed by voodoo people

The No Good video basically defined many of the discarded warehouse nights we used to party at during the early 90’s. Often as sparsely populated like in the video. Good times.

Rest in peace

It was filmed at Electrowerkz Slimelight at the Angel Islington. A club I attended every Saturday night for about 8 years in the 90s. Along with Voodoo People it was always played without fail.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Take it im not the only one watching Prodigy live on youtube - the memories but most importantly the energy at their gigs, insane.

Back
Top Bottom