R4BE dimm slots

Associate
Yes I know this is an old mobo but I bought it and never used it as I was trying to build a super duper pc but ran out of money & had a heart attack :(
So after all that I have finally finished my pc, but to my dismay I have 2 bad dim slots. Now the question is do I start again or try and fix them, bearing in mind I have spent near £4000 on it so far and not a peep out of it so far.
I have 64gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2400hz ram but only ever saw 48 so 2 slots are bad, as I have swapped the ram and are all working good.
How would I fix the slots and can anyone do it for me as I am getting very old and unwell :(

Associate
Firstly which slots are dead ? Have you tried only 4 sticks ? Remove the Cpu and check for bent pins. Socket 2011 is quite fragile and pins can get bent easily.

Associate
OP
thanks for your reply :)
I have 8x8 dims and inserted them all then just realised the bios wasn't seeing all 8 dims,
so I worked out what I thought was the 2 slots that wasn't working, then the bios sees all
8 dims and I save bios and reboot and the bios doesn't boot said it didn't configure right and reset back to default settings.
So my theory it is the bios as its ver .7. can I flash it back to its default bios?

Thanks Again

Associate
Different BIOSes acn often amend the bank limit. I know when we build servers there's a limit on banks as well as size of the DIMMS e.g we can install 32 single sided or 16 double sided.

Anyway, you can flash to any BIOS you like, as long as you can download the BIOS file. Make sure your do a hard reset of the BIOS after flashing though otherwise BIOSes can act wierdly when going backward in versions.

Back
Top Bottom