7) Slinky 2 points
8) Hencore 1 point

Which makes the team points as follows:

1) Sidewall Slammers 13 points
2) Orbit Nukers 9 points
3) Pedal Pushers 8 points
3) Piston Pumpers 8 points

Soldato
I think the pit stop idea is a good one as it adds an element of strategy to the racing rather than just "go as fast as you can without hitting anything/one" or with damage off "go as fast as you can, it doesn't matter what you hit".

Keep damage on, but have a mandatory pit stop.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I do think we need to do either the pit stop idea or turn the damage off. Does spoil the close racing if people are limping around with damage.

It was complete Crap for me Dude, I got hit first bend & pushed into someone else so I had front & rear aero damage the Entire race through No fault of my own, My Wheel wobbled like a fat blokes gutts for 10 Laps it was ****.
There was No close racing & the first Lap felt like a Public Hopper to me.

Associate
I've uploaded the replay to my storefront of naffness. Watched the first corner from a lot of different angles and cars.

Apologies for the clump Joe, no peripheral vision and really didn't want to join the mess. I'm assuming good reactions on your part were the only reason we both didn't get some broken mechanicals.
Also we were both insanely late on the brakes into the first corner so I might be upping my brake pressure another 5% as I was nailing the pedal :eek:
I think my face really was a bit like that at the time :D

It was an unfortunate first corner overall as there was some nice racing from the front 4 at various times throughout the race. Epic drive from Justin to get his knackered car round (and get that close to passing me on one of my many forays off-road) considering how nastily it seemed to be handling :cool:

Last edited:
Associate
The problem that I, and indeed all of the Wheel drivers have is that I can hardly see anything. The moment you pull along side me I have no idea where you are because I can't look left or right. It makes overtaking a bit of a guessing game. I think I managed to at least get through the main race without taking anyone out but If you're trying to overtake me It's probably best to warn me what side you're approaching on so I know to keep my line.

I understand why you're annoyed malc30 and I do hope we can do the next race with fewer incidents. That said I just think that a few of us were struggling with the handling.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
I understand why you're annoyed malc30

I'm not annoyed I am dissappointed that it was no different to a Public hopper. When I pass somebody CLEAN i don't expect them to shove me off & I didn't expect the Usual rear enders on the FIRST of TEN laps.

It was supposed to be fun, the Dude that knocked me off didn't even say Sorry.

One thing I will say is that the Guys i race with in Private rooms have been Gents it's just a shame the rest aren't.

Soldato
Epic drive from Justin to get his knackered car round (and get that close to passing me on one of my many forays off-road) considering how nastily it seemed to be handling :cool:

haha thanks! :D although I wouldn't give myself that much credit, a lot of it was just crap driving by me :p

but having my front left braked damaged and no front bumper made braking for the first corner from 140mph...... Interesting hehe.

Associate
I'm not annoyed I am dissappointed that it was no different to a Public hopper. When I pass somebody CLEAN i don't expect them to shove me off & I didn't expect the Usual rear enders on the FIRST of TEN laps.

It was supposed to be fun, the Dude that knocked me off didn't even say Sorry.

One thing I will say is that the Guys i race with in Private rooms have been Gents it's just a shame the rest aren't.

Sorry for not apologising immediately as I didn't fully understand what happened at the time. I did though apologise after the race had finished, which must have fallen on deaf ears as i got the snide 'there goes the bumper' remark as I passed you on the ring next race.

I saved the replay for that race, and after reading this thread this morning thought i'd go through the whole thing, and after watching it i dont know why I bothered apologising. First I watched the first corner. I saw you didnt give your team mate much room as you sqoze him pretty much off the track which then caused you to spin into the poor guy that underestimated lack of traction control in front of you. There was no one to your right, but you stuck to the racing line even though there was someone immediately to your left. It's the first corner of the first lap, use the whole of the track at least. You could have gone round the outside of the spinning car if you'd have used the whole track. Everyone cant drive single file round the firsr corner.

Next, when I 'bumped' you off. I broke pretty late into the chicane and didn't have the best line coming out, yet i was still in front, and still on the track. I hugged the corner as much as I could but we connected. Now there wasn't much I could do but slow down and let you past, but why should I, I was in the lead. You could have just taken the outside line instead of the inside line I was limited to. Again, you had plenty of room to avoid a collision. But you didn't give me any room, and expected me to slow down and let you past. If you dont agree fair enough but watch the replay.

Captain fail and I had a great race and there were plenty of times we both avoided making contact. Sorry though when I broke a little late on the back straight and clipped your back, I tried to go off the track but I dinked the rear corner of your car.

Sorry for the rant but I never try to knock anyone off and I always race as clean as possible. If I do knock someone off I stop and let them back on.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
Next, when I 'bumped' you off.

Sorry for the rant but I never try to knock anyone off and I always race as clean as possible. If I do knock someone off I stop and let them back on.

Your words. ^^

If I hold a coin up You see heads whilst I see tails but we are Both looking at the same coin.

Those that race me regular know how I race & that's good enough for me.

Associate
I'll try to be free whenever the majority are free.

What sort of times have you managed on Le Mans so far? I'm struggling around the 4:36 times at the moment but have only fiddled with the gearing a teeny bit so far and need to fine tune a lot more.

Back
Top Bottom