Races, culture and traditions....

Soldato
ElRazur said:
Some million years bc.....the dinosaur thought they own the earth. Think about it.

Ah ok..that makes sense...

Ok ill revise my statement..

When a meteor hits earth and wipes out almost the entire human race, english might possibly be replaced as the language of international business.

Soldato
OP
Balddog said:
Ah ok..that makes sense...

Ok ill revise my statement..

When a meteor hits earth and wipes out almost the entire human race, english might possibly be replaced as the language of international business.

How did you arrive at that? If it happens england remains one of the place that will be under-water.....

Soldato
axe said:
Jin's Song is Learn Chinnese!

and theres more people in china who speak english then there is english speaking peoplein england :eek:
That's not that surprising. A population of 56 million against a population of 1 billion. Although it's still more than 5% which is quite high if you think of the english population that speak foreign languages.

Soldato
Captain Planet said:
Swedish.

Because the generalisation that many of the women are hot and blonde seems to be true! :)
Sadly most of them are bottled blondes once they're out of childhood!

It sucks that being short, curvy and mousey-haired (was a very blonde child) makes it absolutely impossible for people to tell I am half Swedish... One thing I like about the Swedes is the attitude to sex and nudity - it just isn't an issue - sexual humour is treated in much the same way as toilet humour (poo wee etc!), it's just another part of life :)

I'm also totally intrigued by the Russians, almost moreso having watched "Night Watch" and "Day Watch" (Night Watch II), interesting couple of films.

Soldato
ElRazur said:
How did you arrive at that? If it happens england remains one of the place that will be under-water.....

Well dinosaurs did rule the world...but then they were wiped out....thats why they didnt rule anymore...so the only way english will die out is if all english speakers are wiped out...which now includes pretty much the whole world.

england isnt the only place that speaks english..you know that right?

Soldato
Balddog said:
Well dinosaurs did rule the world...but then they were wiped out....thats why they didnt rule anymore...so the only way english will die out is if all english speakers are wiped out...which now includes pretty much the whole world.

england isnt the only place that speaks english..you know that right?
And let's face it, the main reason English is so widely spoken is probably because of the US. Obviously they speak it because of us but if they spoke something else that would likely become the most spoken language.

Soldato
Psyk said:
And let's face it, the main reason English is so widely spoken is probably because of the US. Obviously they speak it because of us but if they spoke something else that would likely become the most spoken language.

Yep...these days for sure...US english is far more useful...not that theres much difference of course..

When the US declared independance, I believe they were extremely close to making german their main language..I wonder how things woulda turned out if that had happened.

Soldato
Balddog said:
Yep...these days for sure...US english is far more useful...not that theres much difference of course..

When the US declared independance, I believe they were extremely close to making german their main language..I wonder how things woulda turned out if that had happened.
I think that's an urban legend. http://snopes.com/language/apocryph/german.htm
Doesn't look like there were any plans for german to replace english as the main language, just to publish some documents in german as well as english.

Back
Top Bottom