Rachel Riley - political commentator.

Permabanned
I had an interesting confrontation with a young chap in one of my infamous pubs last night. A very attractive middle aged woman came over to the bar where I was stood with two of my dogs, one is a VERY big lad, the other a puppy. She immediately said, "Hi, big boy". I turned to her and said "Are you talking to me or the dog?". She laughed and asked if it was OK to stroke the dogs. I said it was fine, go ahead. When we had a brief chat about what breed they were she started to order her drink. A young lad with braided hair standing nearby then said to me "It's 2019, talking like that to a lady is in very bad taste, you shouldn't say things like that". I just laughed. The lady heard him and asked if he really thought she'd be offended by what I'd said. He got a bit defensive saying such banter to a stranger was out of order. To my amazement and delight she winked at me, put her hand on the front of my trousers, and said to me, "I was definitely talking to the dog". The lad nearly choked :) She was a star and my kind of woman, we had a good laugh about it and she said that this PC stuff had gotten way out of hand and a sense of humour when talking to women was disappearing especially amongst young men.

To the poster who asked if comments about Rachel Riley and women in general were unsavoury they need to think whether she would really be offended by men admiring her physically, and talking about her amongst themselves... Minding one's P's and Q's is all very well, but a bit of banter is still totally harmless to many normal women these days.

Soldato
I had an interesting confrontation with a young chap in one of my infamous pubs last night. A very attractive middle aged woman came over to the bar where I was stood with two of my dogs, one is a VERY big lad, the other a puppy. She immediately said, "Hi, big boy". I turned to her and said "Are you talking to me or the dog?". She laughed and asked if it was OK to stroke the dogs. I said it was fine, go ahead. When we had a brief chat about what breed they were she started to order her drink. A young lad with braided hair standing nearby then said to me "It's 2019, talking like that to a lady is in very bad taste, you shouldn't say things like that". I just laughed. The lady heard him and asked if he really thought she'd be offended by what I'd said. He got a bit defensive saying such banter to a stranger was out of order. To my amazement and delight she winked at me, put her hand on the front of my trousers, and said to me, "I was definitely talking to the dog". The lad nearly choked :) She was a star and my kind of woman, we had a good laugh about it and she said that this PC stuff had gotten way out of hand and a sense of humour when talking to women was disappearing especially amongst young men.

To the poster who asked if comments about Rachel Riley and women in general were unsavoury they need to think whether she would really be offended by men admiring her physically, and talking about her amongst themselves... Minding one's P's and Q's is all very well, but a bit of banter is still totally harmless to many normal women these days.

Did you used to send letters into Razzle?

Caporegime
There’s gentlemanly banter and then there’s flat out disgusting misogyny, perhaps which would be seen in a violent manner.

You can admire someone’s looks without telling them need to be naked like some chav. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
Caporegime

I was in your pub recently. Donald Trump came in and bought everyone a pint. Nigel Farage was there as well, being a bloody good bloke.

Soldato
Snip!

I wonder whether RR (or the fictional dog whisperer in your story) would be offended if they were told to shut up and get naked, and I wonder how they would feel about the suggestion of being made air-tight if you said it to their face the moment you met them?

Associate

Riiiiight
r/thathappened

Permabanned
I wonder whether RR (or the fictional dog whisperer in your story) would be offended if they were told to shut up and get naked, and I wonder how they would feel about the suggestion of being made air-tight if you said it to their face the moment you met them?

I don't believe anyone on here has said anything controversial to Rachel in person have they? Just a bit of lad's banter on an internet forum about what they fantasize doing to her ;) I have to wonder what pubs some in here go to where they apparently speak to women as if addressing royalty and all sexual banter is verboten. They must be a dreary night outs bounded by political correctness, eyes never wandering, alcohol intake constantly modest, a critical ear kept out for anyone enjoying a bit of innuendo :)

Caporegime
There’s gentlemanly banter and then there’s flat out disgusting misogyny, perhaps which would be seen in a violent manner.

You can admire someone’s looks without telling them need to be naked like some chav. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Is admitting that you would like to see an attractive woman naked misogyny though? Sounds like honesty, not misogyny.

Permabanned
I have told a few girls and women I'd like to see them naked in my time. Some were outraged, some obliged, some disappointed after obliging, some didn't ;) No regrets...If you don't buy a ticket you will never win the lottery.

Permabanned
He looked the type who would be happiest at some protest or living in a tree house like the infamous "Swampy" for those that remember him. Probably an employer's nightmare in a mixed sex environment. He made Albert Steptoe look like a Moss Bros. window mannequin.

Soldato

Thing is that story is simply harmless flirting for use of a better word. Her comment of "hi big boy" left it wide open and it was consensual. However if she had just walked up to the bar and you'd come out with some comment like for instance "alright love" while obviously looking her body up and down and aiming the comment at her **** you could understand how she might look at you like a knuckle dragging ****. I don't think PC has gone too far as it really is just about respect, politeness and manners. It's the interpretation of PC that has got a bit ****** up.

Permabanned
Thing is that story is simply harmless flirting for use of a better word. Her comment of "hi big boy" left it wide open and it was consensual. However if she had just walked up to the bar and you'd come out with some comment like for instance "alright love" while obviously looking her body up and down and aiming the comment at her **** you could understand how she might look at you like a knuckle dragging ****. I don't think PC has gone too far as it really is just about respect, politeness and manners. It's the interpretation of PC that has got a bit ****** up.

Agreed!

Back
Top Bottom