1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rackmount cabinets

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by goreblast, 1 May 2006.

1. goreblast

Wise Guy

Quick question. I have a Cooolermaster s4000sx-1 case which is rackmountable and 670mm deep. most rackmount cabinets are 500mm deep would this be a problem?

2. zealot

Hitman

You can also get racks with a depth of 800mm as well.

3. goreblast

Wise Guy

Was looking at a 9u high one to go under a desk for 50 quid. Its 500mm deep - but am guessing it would just stick out the back.

4. BigBoy

Soldato

I may have one that will do what you want but i need to search it out as its right at the back of the workshop somewhere :D when i find it i will let you know.

Add me to MSN (in trust)

5. goreblast

Wise Guy

Added to MSN - needs to be max of 24-25 inches tall

6. BigBoy

Soldato

I wont be able to get to it untill the weekend as i have just had a load of work come in but as soon as i am able to i will get back to you.

7. goreblast

Wise Guy

Cheers BigBoy

^^^^^^^
    never thought I would ever say that! :eek:

8. goreblast

Wise Guy

Dont suppose you have got a chance to have a look yet?

9. kippermitten

Wise Guy

Yes it would. The mount points for the rear bolts will be too far towards the front of the case - unless you bodge!

Oh and whats the s4000sx like to use/own? I like to think its my dream case and have looked at getting a 2nd hand one, worth it?

10. goreblast

Wise Guy

Thanks for the reply. That was what I thought; you could "make" it fit.

Might make my own - got the rails here as they came with the case and left over wood from desk so all I really need is to make a box structure.

The case is awesome - I have 7 hard drives and a dvd drive in it. It is very deep which is the only thing. Superbly made and I managed to get when Coolermaster UK had a clearout of old stock on an auction site. Had almost bought it full price a month or so previously. My only gripe is no reset switch, only a power switch is present. I can take photos if you want, but would have to give me a day or so.

11. Messiah Khan

Capodecina

I'd quite like to see photos of it if possible goreblast.

12. BigBoy

Soldato

The One i have is too small for what you need sorry. Its the first time i have had a good look at it and its only 400mmx600mmx700mm switching rack case so no good for what you need :(

13. goreblast

Wise Guy

No problem mate - thanks very much for looking.

I will have to take a few pictures of this case and post them either here of on my own webspace for folk to see.

14. jifster

Gangster

I'm using a s4000sx also and I have two tucked away in storage unopened still in the boxes. :)

I'll wait till they are really rare then hopefully I will get a handsome price for them. :p

15. goreblast

Wise Guy

I wish I had got another one or two as well.

16. jifster

Gangster

If I had the space I would have gone a bit silly and bought even more but they take up so much room in the boxes.

I was pretty gutted I missed the clearance on the slightly shorter version as this is a very long case indeed but very handsome although some people hate the look or perhaps they are just jelous :p

17. goreblast

Wise Guy

Just to let folk know that I have found a UK supplier of these case with stock! Just ordered one! Funny thing was I wasnt even searching for them at the time. Was trying to see if anyone other than OcUK or the retailer who provided the sample of Gigabytes i-RAM to CustomPC Magazine where selling it at and what price - turns out they had the i-RAM at almost £60 less than here!

I very much hope this post isnt against any rules :confused:

18. jifster

Gangster

Damn, how is my investment supposed to grow if someone is still selling them. :p

I would kill for a new ATC-410SX and i've searched high and low.

Last edited: 11 May 2006
  19. goreblast

Wise Guy

The case will arrive tomorrow - so excited!

20. jifster

Gangster

I wish I had taken some pics of my box and the unpacking process and the build for a project page, oh well i'll do that next time I open one of the others :p

I need to do some modding with mine as there is a lack of space to house 5 1/4 internal stuff as I really wanted both my drives in accoustic housings. As it stands i've got it sitting ontop of the lower fan module on some rubber feet plus one other drive installed properly without an accoustic case. This works ok as I never move my case anyway but I guess it's not ideal.

It's quite surprising how they made such a large case and you can run out of places to put things so quickly. :rolleyes: but for a classic looking case it's worth it and with a bit of modding will be hard to beat.

Last edited: 12 May 2006