• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon Image Sharpening Comparisons - On Vs Off

Associate
I think it just depends on the game and resolution really. I've used the sharpening on my monitor a bit but like others i can find it a bit too sharp, never bothered with doing it on the driver software though as last time it just looked not preferable.

Using edge smoothing like anti aliasing again would change if i wanted it not.

Personally don't think much of the screenshots from reddit, funnily enough i saw them earlier. But on his monitor when motion is involved lightly different result.

Soldato
I tried the NV image sharpening, and found the differences to be quite small vs on and off. I can see the difference in those AMD screenshots (sharper textures and colours seem to stand out more), is AMD's sharpening just better?

Is it similar to the sharpening tech games supporting DLSS use?

Soldato
The implementation of sharpening from Nvidia is retarded. If you want easy and live adjustment you need the GFE bloatware and sometimes GFE will bug out and claim a game isn't supported even though it just worked. Your only first-party option outside of GFE is going through the archaic NvCP and set it through that but it cumbersome and it never worked for me on my RTX 3070 without relaunching the game so tuning it to my liking was something I gave up on as a different value were needed on a per-game basis. It's 100 times easier with Radeon settings. ALT+R -> instant load interface -> adjust -> done. The actual quality of the sharpening using Nvidia's method vs AMDs I can't really comment on, both have done their job my liking once set properly, it's just a matter of getting there that has been a hurdle for me on one vs the other.

Soldato
Does AMD's sharpening make aliasing more visible on edges? Many games that support sharpening filters have this problem, because they adjust colour ranges, causing lighter pixels to stand out more (WD: Legions for example).

Caporegime
OP
Does AMD's sharpening make aliasing more visible on edges? Many games that support sharpening filters have this problem, because they adjust colour ranges, causing lighter pixels to stand out more (WD: Legions for example).
Not that I have seen on the dozen or so games I play, but there may be outliers I'm not aware of.

Back
Top Bottom