• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
For the first time, it seems Nvidia is offering better value over AMD. The 2080 has RTX and DLSS and is more future proof.

Soldato
For the first time, it seems Nvidia is offering better value over AMD. The 2080 has RTX and DLSS and is more future proof.

It has been discussed many times why "future proof" isn't really a thing and considering these are early announcements of a probably top end card, I don't see why anyone is offering better value than anyone right now.

Associate
I can see more and more people going to consoles. Everybody was moaning about Nvidia greed but seems AMD have jumped on the same train.

Associate
The best AMD could trumpet was 1fps gaming difference to the RTX 2080.
You would think they would like to headline their best results.

The fact it competes with Nvidias latest is surprising. As above says, I think an 8gb partner card would be better, I can’t imagine any games utilising an additional 8gb ram?

Associate
The fact it competes with Nvidias latest is surprising.

It seems identical in performance and price to the RTX 2080 (but without the possible future benefits of RTX). And the 2080ti still rules the gaming performance roost. This is the situation that was predicted several months ago by some outlets.

It will be interesting how things will pan out.

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems identical in performance and price to the RTX 2080 (but without the possible future benefits of RTX). And the 2080ti still rules the gaming performance roost. This is the situation that was predicted several months ago by some outlets.

It will be interesting how things will pan out though.

You're forgetting it's $100 cheaper than the 2080, $100 is the difference between buy or no buy for a lot of people.

Back
Top Bottom