• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Soldato
And when I mentioned rtx I was obvious referring to the rtx series of GPUs,. Not the ray tracing feature.

.... Again, why does that matter? The 2080 is an RTX card, we all know this. I am stating a very obvious fact, that with DLSS, the 2080 RTX will pull significantly ahead of the *similarly* priced AMD card. That shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.

Associate
Hmmm Nvidia cards are overpriced, so why not match that price with a Vega 2 and make the Nvidia card look better. I think Radeon are being paid by Nvidia, or ‘some individual’ definitely is.

I think I’ll start wearing my tinfoil hat while riding the hype train :D

Caporegime
.... Again, why does that matter? The 2080 is an RTX card, we all know this. I am stating a very obvious fact, that with DLSS, the 2080 RTX will pull significantly ahead of the *similarly* priced AMD card. That shouldn't be too hard to comprehend.

You don't get it do you? You're rambling on about rtx like I was implying that it and dlss were the same thing. Dlss might take off but the fact is if Devs have to do any more work on it then the likelihood is not many games will support it without money being thrown at devs.

Caporegime
This would be the same card you were so adamant wasn't coming for gaming not but a few weeks ago?

Totally, I got that wrong. AMD said it was not going to be for gaming. That ex-RTG manager who quit said he wanted Vega20 for gaming but AMD wouldn't release it because it made no financial sense.

Yet here we are with vega20 for gamers priced the same as a 2080.

They may insight I wasn't expecting is this vega7 is just a salvage part with 60CU. This is the only way that it is feasible to release. This is bad news, along with no info on Navi means the 7nm process is still very rough.

Vega 7 has no useful functionality improvements for gaming. It has a load of transistors dedicated for FP64 performance that aren't used in games. This helps explain the 300w TDP

Soldato

Said all the DLSS games LOL
You acting like every game is using this! We have had one demo showcasing this and now its like concrete that all RTX cards will get a massive frame rate boost?
Hell we dont even know what the VEGA 7 GPU can do yet in terms of DirectX Ray tracing and so on!

Soldato
Totally, I got that wrong. AMD said it was not going to be for gaming. That ex-RTG manager who quit said he wanted Vega20 for gaming but AMD wouldn't release it because it made no financial sense.

They may insight I wasn't expecting is this vega7 is just a salvage part with 60CU. This is the only way that it is feasible to release. This is bad news, along with no info on Navi means the 7nm process is still very rough.

Vega 7 has no useful functionality improvements for gaming. It has a load of transistors dedicated for FP64 performance that aren't used in games. This helps explain the 300w TDP

Ok I will tell AMD to cancel the card because it obviously doesn't beat the fastest card ever made therefore is pointless. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Ok, i'm just gonna leave this forum again, I'm tired of people not reading words correctly. I even highlighted the word *IF* in my post.

There's clearly no discussion possible in these forums, as most people just have preconceived opinions.

Caporegime
Ah so the 2080 has also failed to progress performance as well then?

No, because the replacement to the 1080ti the 2080ti.

But in any case what Nvidia did or didn't do is irrelevant to the statement that AMD failed to progress performance for consumers.

Caporegime
It has yet to be demonstrated to actually work.

Also, it's softwarem, and software that needs to be specifically implemented in the game engine. It's not a specific hardware feature.

If AMD write software, they can do it too.

It should be competitive in most, and much faster in a few.

Likely if you're doing any rendering or GPGPU stuff it will leave everything except the Volta SKUs in the dust.

AMD can't do it without massive performance pentaly if they do it in software.

That is the whole point, DLSS is not software, it is hardware accelerated using the tensor cores.

Soldato
Which they are doing. We already have 2 "top" titles with support coming in the next few weeks. Like I said, *IF* it takes off, then DLSS puts the 2080 significantly ahead of the new AMD cards. RTX is not DLSS, and is nothing to do with my point.

2 games with DLSS guys! 2!

Soon they will match Physx numbers :D

Associate

Lisa did say that ubisoft had utilized all of the cards features, surprised no one else picked up on this hint.

Associate
I have just been onto the US version of Newegg, i see a small number of 2080s in there at 699 so the same as the new V2.
However most seem to be considerably more, ok these may be OC'd cards ect. fair enough but 750 and 800 are price points that look scary for a 2080..

Now the point about how Amd are just achieving speeds that nvidia did 2 years back is also complete gibberish, as lets face it the rather expensive 2080 is also just hitting that same speeds and so its failed to progress if you use that logic as well.
The 2070 only roughly meeting 1080 performance is also quite embarrassing if we look at it like that, the 2060 is now facing off against V56/64 performance and those were released ages ago... so er... thats not to good either.

So while its fair to say AMD have failed to progress quickly, well neither has Nvidia.. unless you count the fantastically massively powerful 2080ti... which is a huge what?? 25% quicker than the 2 year old 1080ti... wow thats shockingly good progress there.. especially as its sooooo cheep to buy that extra 25% or so. As for the new Titan, i dont think sarcasm is worth it for it, its just an idiots card for idiots.

ok the 2080 gives us those killer features raytracing and DLSS but i can get my 1080ti to do that, i just lower the res to 1080p .. there you go instant DLSS...and as for the ray tracing part my pascal card is happy to do that party piece as well, i just need to remove 400Mhz off its boost clock and bingo... instant RTX on!

FFS you lot.. a 2080 competitor for similar money is not particularly exciting but it is needed, who knows it may end up being slightly faster and slightly cheeper on launch... and if it overclocks like v56 (which really is great) then heck it could be a better card than the cut down cut down Turing thingy.

Back
Top Bottom