1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ram fails wmd when in dual channel.

Discussion in 'Memory' started by steelwolf, 18 Feb 2010.

1. steelwolf

Gangster

Pretty much as per title. When i have my 2 matched sticks of ocz 1066 ram in slots 1 and 3 to run dual channel i start getting bsod etc. I ran wmd and it fails on everything.

any ideas?

2. mymorph

Wise Guy

have you tried running in the other 2 channels? and the colours do matchup?
    other than that try running unganged (if you arnt already)

1 more thing is your system overclocked?

3. mame

Sgarrista

Manually set the timings in the BIOS and most important, set the VDIMM all to the manufacturers specs.

4. steelwolf

Gangster

hi, i set the voltage of the ram in bios but it was still failing. It seems to be random. Dual channel is not the culprit as i first thought. Sometimes it will pass wmd no bother and the next time it will fail everything.

I get constant bsod with them. I have the NB voltage set to auto though. Do you think upping this would sort the problem.

Also could anyone tell me where i can set the timing in the bios for an m3a79-t mb as i have had a look but cant find it.

System was overclocked at the start but i put everything back to default when i was having trouble getting it stable, now i cant even get it stable at default settings :(

5. Tiamat21

Hitman

try reset the bios via the jumpers. and if taht doesn't work. The RAM sticks might be faulty.

6. steelwolf

Gangster

The settings i have are default atm, currently i have ,y old ram in and its working fine. its just whenever i try and run the ocz ram that i get problems.

7. steelwolf

Gangster

Psu just died on me so set up my old 450w supply to get going. Could it be possible that a failing psu could cause voltages to vary?

8. Corasik

Soldato

A failing PSU could cause errors not just in memory, but also the memory controller, and the cpu, all of which would cause memory test errors.

9. Fatboy

Don

Its possible. If you still have no joy please call support tomorrow they will be able to give you advice over the phone.