Ram for X58/I7 System

Associate
I'm still undecided about what RAM to get.

I have a x58 system, 6GB Ram (tri channel) and quad core CPU as shown in image below. However, I do not want to comprise my overclock. I use to game, but now find my self using After Effects a lot and 3DS Max - cool hobby.

I thought 6GB would be enough (lol), but as more stuff I do with After Effects the more demanding it becomes.

I was thinking of getting 12GB RAM, but would like recomendations. I also have a Noctua NH14 big fan, so can't have RAM with heatsinks.

Can I go more than 12GB without risking overclock? Also can I popular all the memory slots, or does that cause problems?

Not interested in overclocking the RAM - just CPU.

I was thinking Corsair or Kingston. Quite happy to sell of my existing RAM.

I have ATI 5850 too.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9262/90240801.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Soldato
I'm still undecided about what RAM to get.

I have a x58 system, 6GB Ram (tri channel) and quad core CPU as shown in image below. However, I do not want to comprise my overclock. I use to game, but now find my self using After Effects a lot and 3DS Max - cool hobby.

I thought 6GB would be enough (lol), but as more stuff I do with After Effects the more demanding it becomes.

I was thinking of getting 12GB RAM, but would like recomendations. I also have a Noctua NH14 big fan, so can't have RAM with heatsinks.

Can I go more than 12GB without risking overclock? Also can I popular all the memory slots, or does that cause problems?

Not interested in overclocking the RAM - just CPU.

I was thinking Corsair or Kingston. Quite happy to sell of my existing RAM.

I have ATI 5850 too.

http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/9262/90240801.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Im using the samsung green in my system, keeping the spare stick for my 2011 system, im running them at 2400mhz

Last edited:
Caporegime
12gb of the kingston here as well, had no issues with my 4ghz oc either. Just adjusted timings on my previous ocz reaper, (7-7-7-24 to 9-9-9-27). Shut down and swapped the 6gb set for the 12gb.

Back
Top Bottom