1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rampage - SupremeFX X-Fi Audio Card

Discussion in 'Sound City' started by ~Divine~Wind~, 13 Mar 2010.

1. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Will this card work in any mobo or just the rampage series?

2. MeatLoaf

Capodecina

Depends if its a PCI-E card or not. The supreme FX that came with my old P5N32-E SLI board would only work in the mobo it came with as the slot was a x1 PCI-E slot but its like it was the wrong way round on the mobo and it wouldnt fit a normal x1 or x16 slot

3. sandeep

Hitman

That card will not work on any mobo, it will only work on Asus ROG mobo's (striker, rampage, crosshair) it isn't a soundcard, more of an extension to the onboard audio on the mobo.

4. PapaLazaru

Capodecina

5. Marsman

Capodecina

The Xtreme Audio is certainly not worth getting if you have a SupremeFX. Neither are actually X-Fi cards, the Xtreme Audio is just a repackaged Audigy card. The Xtreme Gamer would be a much better buy, and will certainly be better than the SupremeFX. I would try the SupremeFX first, see if you like it.

Last edited: 23 Mar 2010
  6. bhavv

PermaBanned

Not fair that it isnt being included with the Rampage III Extreme, I could have skipped buying an X-Fi then :(

7. Ch3m1c4L

Mobster

as stated, it sa daughter board so will most likely only work with the boards that can use it. Its better than normal onboard, but not as good as a decent x-fi or a xonar.

The port on the mobo is at least the right way round though, since i use mine for a 2 port sata raid card