Random crashes/storage drives not recognised - Motherboard issue?

Associate
Hi,

My computer has recently developed a couple of problems. It has started unexpectedly crashing, sometimes while playing games, other times when browsing the web. Temps are fine and I can't seem to recreate the issue intentionally - it happens randomly.

Also, one more than one occasion, when trying to restart, I was presented with a screen asking me to select from a list of 2 operating systems, neither of which worked, and upon further inspection, none of my drives were listed in the BIOS. To fix this, I had to reset the CMOS, which only seems to be a temporary solution (has happened twice now) and it didn't fix the crashes either.

Does these seem like 2 separate issues, or are they likely related? If so, is the motherboard faulty?

Here are the specs:

CPU - i7-6800k
Motherboard - Gigabyte X99 Designare EX
RAM - 32GB Corsair LPX 3000MHz
GPU - EVGA GTX 980 ti SC
PSU - EVGA 650 G2
Storage - 256GB Samsung SM951 (boot drive), 256GB Samsung SM871, 480GB Crucial M500 and a 2TB Toshiba P300

Thanks in advance for any help.

Associate
OP
Worth a shot as if you RMA one of the first things they might do. Also seems lot of RAN bios updates anyways .
Secondly have Rep on here @GIGA-Man that might be able to help or know if any of the issues above have been reported
Thanks for the advice. I updated the BIOS and haven't had a crash since! That being said, it hadn't crashed for at least a day before the BIOS update, so I'll have to wait and see if it's actually fixed.

Associate
OP
Unfortunately, the issue persists. Also, I've been experiencing another really annoying problem - my keyboard and mouse seem to frequently and randomly lose power for a moment, which then results in me having to disconnect and reconnect the mouse before it starts working again. I've tried uninstalling both the keyboard the keyboard and mouse in Device Manager, but it hasn't helped. Could this also be a motherboard issue?

Soldato
Unfortunately, the issue persists. Also, I've been experiencing another really annoying problem - my keyboard and mouse seem to frequently and randomly lose power for a moment, which then results in me having to disconnect and reconnect the mouse before it starts working again. I've tried uninstalling both the keyboard the keyboard and mouse in Device Manager, but it hasn't helped. Could this also be a motherboard issue?

Does your keyboard/mouse have its own drivers or just plug and play ?

Associate
OP
The mouse (G502) has it's own drivers, but I think the keyboard (Quickfire TK) is just plug and play. I've tested it with 2 different keyboards and mice, but they all seem to experience the same issue.

Back
Top Bottom