Random Thought - Scalpels

Soldato
I used a scalpel for some model aircraft and more recently Warhammer 40K models :p

I also nearly lost an eye to a scalpel during a heart dissection at school. My mate saw that the tray in which the heart was presented was plastic, and realised the scalpel was sharp... so he put two and two together and tried to carve his name in the bottom of the tray.

PLINK went the scalpel blade as it snapped, the broken piece hitting me in my lower eyelid quite hard. If i had been closer or if the broken piece had spun in a slightly different way I may well be wearing an eye patch and saying "y'aaargh matey" a lot ;)

SiriusB

Mic

Mic

Soldato
chris_r said:
What do you guys model/create? any pics?
I dont have any pics, but mostly just randowm kits, p-38 lighting, Republic Star Destroyer from Episode 3, two jedi starfighter kits that im doing some more detail on and a ARC170 which im doing the same (they where very cheap snap together kits that cost like 8bucks and with some detail and a repaint they would rock).
Im also currently airbrushing my track day helmet(my first airbush attempt ever:O). Going to make a resin cast of an 18" terminator i bought and make two more for a diorama (OMG STEALER). Going to try and do some detailing on the 18 inch terminator that i already have as its basicly just flat silver all over.

Im also gonna start making custom 'toys/action figures'. Designing an 18" Optimus Prime which will be a direct enlargment of the 20TH anniversary Prime.

Then im gonna move onto making one of these bad boys:D (not sure who made this but they are an absolute legend)
79693257wt.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Sadly no, this banana van kit is the nearest thing I have to being complete, just needs couplings and a paint job -
bananavan2.jpg

I have an airbrush but it's not been used yet, I'd like a compressor for it really. There's a loco that I've had under construction for years which is not quite ready, I'll upload some pictures when I have it out next.

Caporegime
Scalpels are ridiculously sharp, we used them in dissection in the first year in medschool, you can go straight through a pair of gloves and a fair way into your finger without noticing a thing. The "ripping" effect is the tension in the skin pulling the incision apart as you cut through it. Now I've progressed onto using scalpels on living people and its the strangest thing, you barely stroke it along the skin to make the initial incision (which I'm allowed to do), then switch to diathermy (the electric knife) to do all the real work (which I'm not allowed to do quite yet).

Mic

Mic

Soldato
Minstadave said:
Very geeky and cool, I love Transformers, watched the movie soooo many times as a kid :D
I was about to watch it an hour ago, but my dvd drive decided to be homogay.
Transformers=legendary.
Prime=Pure....legend.

Back
Top Bottom