Rannoch Moor and Derwent Waters

Associate
Whilst traveling back from Skye between Fort William and Glen Coe we stopped off at Rannoch Moor for a quick photo opportunity.

Rannoch Moor - is a large expanse of around 50 square miles (130 km²) of boggy moorland to the west of Loch Rannoch, in Perth and Kinross and Lochaber, Highland, Scotland.

1. 10mm | 1/50th sec | F22 (silly me) | 0.9ND Grad (silly me again should have had my 0.6 on)
RanochMoore_small_.jpg

Derwent Water [/B- is one of the principal bodies of water in the Lake District National Park in the north of England.
The lake occupies part of Borrowdale and lays immediately south of the town of Keswick. It is both fed and drained by the River Derwent. It measures approximately 4 km (3 miles) long by 1.5 km (1 mile) wide and is some 22 metres (72 feet) deep. There are several islands within the lake, of which at least one is inhabited.

2. (a Waterfall that feeds into Derwent Water) 20mm | F16 | 4 second | Cokin P 154 - the jpg compression has really lost the greens from the original p'shop file.
DerwentWaterfall_small_.jpg

3. 10mm | ISO 100 | F16 | 4 seconds | ND Grad 0.9
DerwentPanoCrop_small_.jpg

4. 10mm | ISO 100 | F16 | 20 seconds | ND Grad 0.9
derwentwater_small_.jpg

C&C welcome as always :)

Soldato
1. Not bad.
2.Again, not bad but doesn't really jump out for me.
3 and 4. Stunners. the light, composition and everything is perfect. Im not sure which I pefer, but I think im leaning towards 4 due to its simplicity. I think 3 would have worked better if it didin't have the rocks and log in the foreground, but its still a great shot. :)

Soldato
Agreed with khan, 1 & 2 are nice photos but don't have that little wow factor 3 & 4 have. The composition is spot on, the colours are excellent, and the scenery is awesome :) I would have been tempted to add more contrast to the background mountains, and maybe lower the levels slightly. They seem to very hazy and IMO too bright in conjunction with other shadows.

Back
Top Bottom