Rare PC-Games?

Soldato
uknorthboy said:
I had to spend a fortune on ebay for star wars supremecy some time ago :) Could not find it in any shop at least not a shop that had it in stock anyhow.

Really?? I remember buying that game on recommendation of a friend and hating it so much, I threw it back in his face.....no Im not mental, I was just angry as £30 was a lot of money for me when I was 13 :eek:

I should try and find that. Ive got the original motion sickness game Descent lying about somewhere too, along with Wipeout and Ultima VIII, both of the LBA games and the first two warcrafts!

Soldato
It Came From The Desert is legally available to download from www.cinemaware.com along with most of their other Amiga titles. They also have the Atari ST, C64 & PC versions for download on almost everything they ever released.

Getting back to the topic I too have many PC games from 1992 to present day and nearly all are sold on game only auction sites usually for several £ each. I keep them as not worth selling when the rarest I have is only worth £10 tops.

Caporegime
I would have thought games that have been groundbreaking in one way or another aswell as being just very old would need to termed rare or 'antiques' especially the original release version rather than a budget/re-release of it - something like Commander Keen springs to mind aswell as the classic LucasArts stuff or Monkey Island...

Just being very old in my mind doesnt make it rare or valuable...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
You want rare, how about my perfectly boxed with manuals, albeit a few scratches on the discs of

LITTLE BIT ADVENTURE 1 AND 2

:D Beat that :)

....sorry

Soldato
I have the LBA series - be nice if they made a new game as they were quite fun.. >:}

Dungeon Keeper was on the PC not the Amiga by the way.

I also have It Came From The Desert - again in perfect condition - more rare for me is my collection of around 600 original Commodore 64 games - including classics by Ultimate - etc.

Macca

Soldato
Mr Bulbous said:
Its not quite the same though is it

But hey, at the end of the day, when most folks do catch up with these old games again, they spend a few minutes reminiscing, then never look at it again.

And i guess thats why i never bothered pushing my old Amiga dream.
True it is actually better on an emulator as you can tweak the gfx + sound, save anywhere & have zero loading times. You can even emulate the HD and install many original games which never even have a HD loader. A team of enthusiasts have been busy for years making HD loaders which only work if you have the original floppy media. Recently unpacked my A500 and put a few of my 100 or so original games on to see how they look & feel nowadays. The worse aspect is the slow floppy loading times & the fear that the original disc may become corrupt & useless (I have the original Readysoft Dragons Lair1 on 6 discs and cannot back it up + disc1 does not always load due to failing sector errors). A500 still has an amazing soundchip though and was way ahead of its time (the Shadow Of The Beast games still sound terrific). Think Commodore made a huge mistake when they let the A500 carry the market for too long without releasing any updated hardware then the A600/A1200 were too little too late as piracy had by then destroyed the Amiga Games scene and the 16 bit consoles + PC took over.

Associate
theres 1 that comes to mind and was one of my fav games back in the day.

Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis.

i still have the code spindal thing that came with the amiga version. yes it is another lucas arts game but also quite rare.

Man of Honour
Spanker said:
Have just had someone give me a CPC6128 with a kit bag full of games (must be 30 tapes and in there) Can't wait to try them. :)

I have that system with a couple hundred games - best ones to try if you have them would be Chase HQ, Cybernoid, Laser Squad and some of the Codemasters racing titiles like BMX sim 2.

Soldato
Final Fantasy 7 in the original big box (i.e. not the budget one) is rare I think, as is FF8 (I sold FF8 for about £40 about a year ago.)

Permabanned
The Ultima Collection is very rare. There are none being sold on e-bay (uk) at the moment, and only 3 come up when you search for finished auctions. They usually sell for over £20. One on there sold with a buy it now of £49.99!

I managed to get hold of a copy in very good to mint condition at a car-boot a couple of years back for 50p :)

Soldato
pc game wise, FF7 is the only i can think that fetches a high price.
a lot of the lucas arts games in orignal pakaging fetch a high price as well.

its shame that most of the old/deleated games are available for download illegaly
as this has hampered prices from rising. unlike consoles games, a few snes and mega drive games fetch bit. but saturn and dream cast games fetch absurd amounts. i stuck all me saturn games on ebay over the past 2 years and made a good profit on them.

Associate
Lol i threw mine in the bin as well last year, thought to my self why keep it...bin it! beter not be worth more than a few quid!

Think i still have some of the very first amiga cinemaware games Defender of the Crown, The Three stooges, King of Chicago, they came in such wonderfully stylish boxes.. open up so it looked like they contained pop corn etc..
felt like such a nice package a the time although king of chicago and 3 stooges wern't exactly the best games around ;)

Mind you defender of the crown was my the game that made me desire and pester my parents for an amiga 500

Back
Top Bottom