Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Soldato
On my Panasonic remote only up, down, left, right, ok and return do anything over hdmi-cec.

This means that once I start a movie playing, I have no way of pausing it or returning to the menu, is there any way to rebind buttons?

This is the remote:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/29769115/105_panasonic_tx37lzd80_fb.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

Yeah i've had this issue on two panasonic tv's so im guessing it affects all of them, raspbmc was recently updated which may fix it, if it doesn't then do what i did and edit the remote.xml under "<FullscreenVideo>" and change select to pause like so "<select>Pause</select>", this will at least give a bit more control, you can use the direction buttons to skip, returning home is a problem, best you can do is skip to the end of the video.

Soldato
UPDATE - Not sure if they've re-released a patch for RC5 since this morning but did a manual update an hour ago and works fine now.

Can't wait for all these little bugs to get sorted - playback on previously jerky 1080 rips now play perfect

Associate
I guess this question is mostly about RaspBMC etc.

Now that the MPEG2 license is available, how is playback over 100mbps ethernet for:

DVD rips as MKV (mpg2)?
BR rips (AVC or VC1) as MKV?
Transcoded 1080p to x264 in MKV?

Any problems with seeking, or embedded subtitles?

Soldato
Hi

I've just updated my pi with the rasbian update and installed smartsim and the pingu game.

I seem to be missing the icon for smartsim and the game. Anyone else had this issue? should they have icons in the GIU?

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
What micro USB power source and powered USB hubs are people using?

I am using my phone charger for the raspberry pi, but is annoying having to charge my phone from my computer instead.

Cheers. :)

Soldato
I guess this question is mostly about RaspBMC etc.

Now that the MPEG2 license is available, how is playback over 100mbps ethernet for:

DVD rips as MKV (mpg2)?
BR rips (AVC or VC1) as MKV?
Transcoded 1080p to x264 in MKV?

Any problems with seeking, or embedded subtitles?

Using the latest RaspBMC image build (with both MPG2 and WVC1 licenses installed).

1. DVD rips as MKV (MPG2) works fine.
2. Full size BR rips (AVC) as MKV: video and audio are fine during playback. Provided the file size does not exceed 25GB ish otherwise it will keep pausing to buffer.

Seeking on BR-MKVs will normally produce a greyscreen whilst it buffers.
Seeking on DVD-MKVs is fine.

Last edited:
Associate
Hi Guys quick question.

Just got my Pi and im going to put xbmc on it, question is, will xbmc work with a wifi dongle?
I know it will work on the Linux distro but not sure as a media server.

Cheers!
Em

Associate
Can I watch BBC iPlayer website on Raspbmc? or Lovefilm or something

Hi Guys quick question.

Just got my Pi and im going to put xbmc on it, question is, will xbmc work with a wifi dongle?
I know it will work on the Linux distro but not sure as a media server.

Cheers!
Em

If you just got your pi, was your order number around the 128xxx order number? Just so I have an idea of where they are at

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom