• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ray Tracing working on VEGA in Battlefield 5 ? :D

Permabanned
AMD would need to provide driver support for it to work (maybe they have). I just don't see how it could perform so well.

It would explain Nvidia's rushed launch with so much attention directed towards RTX rather than DXR.

It's good to dream though, fingers crossed :D

Soldato
The shots shown above could easily be screenspace reflections. Surely if it was working you'd show something more obvious.

Soldato
While I absolutely believe AMD could perform RT better than 1000 series Nvidia cards I find it harder to believe they could just compute their way to substantially better performance than Nvidia cards with special hardware.

And IF they pulled that off I'd image this sort of thing coming from or at least being repeatedly retweeted and pushed by an official AMD source, but I've not seen much from AMD on this. Maybe I've just missed it?

Man of Honour
AMD would need to provide driver support for it to work (maybe they have). I just don't see how it could perform so well.

It would explain Nvidia's rushed launch with so much attention directed towards RTX rather than DXR.

It's good to dream though, fingers crossed :D

IIRC they said a few days ago they wouldn't be enabling DXR for their cards until it was possible over the range or something so I'm guessing the drivers don't currently support it anyhow.

Permabanned
IIRC they said a few days ago they wouldn't be enabling DXR for their cards until it was possible over the range or something so I'm guessing the drivers don't currently support it anyhow.

Does it mean it will happen when the lowest-end APU's iGPU gets as fast as RTX 2070? :rolleyes:
Just a hint - that won't happen in the next decade...

Soldato
Can't see it happening, read a lot of people saying that the game looks that good in the first place that there isn't much difference in what they've seen of BF RT, but it would be hilarious watching the outbursts if it happened.

We'll get a flip flop of it's went from 'rubbish don't need' it to 'it's amazing' 'it only cost £300 for the pleasure instead of anything up to £1500', but the biggest kicker would be that AMD users actually get to run RT for some...:eek::p

I think that suggestion came via google translate, a native Japanese translator stated that David Wang wasn't talking about AMD's RT in that context but it was his own personal view was that he doesn't foresee RT uptake in general until it's available in hardware from low to high end:

"The spread of Ray-Tracing's game will not go unless the GPU will be able to use Ray-Tracing in all ranges from low end to high end,"

Permabanned
Can't see it happening, read a lot of people saying that the game looks that good in the first place that there isn't much difference in what they've seen of BF RT, but it would be hilarious watching the outbursts if it happened.

We'll get a flip flop of it's went from 'rubbish don't need' it to 'it's amazing' 'it only cost £300 for the pleasure instead of anything up to £1500', but the biggest kicker would be that AMD users actually get to run RT for some...:eek::p

The reality is that ray-tracing is a must have as is an excellent gaming visuals quality improvement. This is an improvement that outweighs increases of resolutions and even at 1080p, we will get outstanding images.

bru

bru

Soldato
If this turns out to be true AMD will be all over it, we can wait with baited breadth to see what transpires next.

Soldato
Not sure here I'll be honest. Tried the changes myself, there might be a small improvement in the reflection but that could be a result of moving from DX11 to DX12....who knows.

One thing is for sure, there's no reflection in windows etc so if it's some form of Ray Tracing it's very minimal or possibly even placebo.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
just kidding and hope to reconcile our divorce ASAP :)

You went too far this time, Gregster will never speak to you again! :p

I am sure he will forgive you once you fix your ways and stop hunting down RTX owners. I don’t think you can do it though. You enjoy that too much. Lol.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Not sure here I'll be honest. Tried the changes myself, there might be a small improvement in the reflection but that could be a result of moving from DX11 to DX12....who knows.

One thing is for sure, there's no reflection in windows etc so if it's some form of Ray Tracing it's very minimal or possibly even placebo.
I did not believe this for a second anyway. If there was any truth to it AMD would be all over it screaming from rooftops.

But the possibility of it did make me chuckle.

Back
Top Bottom