1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Razer Deathadder Question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by cypriobrit, 4 Nov 2007.

1. cypriobrit

Gangster

Any advice on whether this mouse is comfortable for someone who has large hands and holds mice by 'gripping' (thumb and 3rd finger) rather than 'resting' (palm)?

Thanks

2. Andeh

PermaBanned

the razer mice in general, are designed for "precision gamers" who hold the mouse with their fingers rather than their whole hand.

3. gt_junkie

Sgarrista

I find it comfortable in either position. I have fairly large hands and tend to 'grip' rather than rest.

It's the best mouse i've had TBH!

I've had the microsoft intellimouse 4, both saitek 1600dpi + 3200dpi gaming mice and the razer diamondback, copperhead and deathadder.

The Saitek's weren't for me. The copperhead and diamondback were technically excellent but a little too small. The microsoft was very ergonomic and close to a keeper but it simply was not fast enough for me.

The deathadder offered the size and ergonomics of the intellimouse but added the smoothest and simply best mouse tracking i've ever felt.

But be warned if you're a lefty... it's shaped for right hands only.

gt

4. Andeh

PermaBanned

yeah, its shaped slightly different on one side, but not too much, so it shouldn't be a problem if you're left handed.

5. gt_junkie

Sgarrista

I'd just worry about using the forward and back buttons though.

gt

6. xerzex

Associate

its a great mouse, use mine for CSS and Eve online - really awesome - moved from a copperhead to this, and I have long fingers. It is designed for a righty thou.

7. cypriobrit

Gangster

Cheers guys - im a righty so looks like this is a done deal. :)