Ready for next gen Ryzen system

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just want to check my logic with this, I would like to wait until the 4/5000 Ryzens come to market but that could be end of the year stock wise?

I also don’t want to buy a GPU until AMD’s offering hits retail.

So I’m thinking of putting together a system that will be ready for it but that I can use for general work stuff while waiting.

From what I can tell x670 won’t bring much to the table over 570 so not sure it’s worth waiting for that.

I was thinking of the following:

• X570 Tomahawk (will just flash to support new Ryzens?)
  • AM4 Athlon 3000G (very cheap and will let me use HDMI out on the motherboard for basic duties? -)
  • 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-28800 (3600)
  • WD 550 1TB Nvme
The remainder (case, PSU) I already have.

Cheers

Soldato
Hi guys,

Just want to check my logic with this, I would like to wait until the 4/5000 Ryzens come to market but that could be end of the year stock wise?

I also don’t want to buy a GPU until AMD’s offering hits retail.

So I’m thinking of putting together a system that will be ready for it but that I can use for general work stuff while waiting.

From what I can tell x670 won’t bring much to the table over 570 so not sure it’s worth waiting for that.

I was thinking of the following:

• X570 Tomahawk (will just flash to support new Ryzens?)
  • AM4 Athlon 3000G (very cheap and will let me use HDMI out on the motherboard for basic duties? -)
  • 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black, PC4-28800 (3600)
  • WD 550 1TB Nvme
The remainder (case, PSU) I already have.

Cheers

most likely x670 PCB will be of higher layering . Can see this with B550 having greater layers then B450 and matching or beating X570. Mre layers, less interference and ability to run ram at higher speeds ( i.e Aorus B550 Master and ASUS ITX can hit 5000hz easily with 4*** APUs)
x670 should increase costs over x570 as gap between x570 and b550 is to close

Chipset may offer somehow faster rate of transfer between CPU and Chipset or more lanes from Chipset to m.2 slots with maybe 4 being available. Space shouldn't be an issue, specially with ITX boards have had them on the back now for a while, or with EATX boards having them near the DIMMS.

Soldato
OP
most likely x670 PCB will be of higher layering . Can see this with B550 having greater layers then B450 and matching or beating X570. Mre layers, less interference and ability to run ram at higher speeds ( i.e Aorus B550 Master and ASUS ITX can hit 5000hz easily with 4*** APUs)
x670 should increase costs over x570 as gap between x570 and b550 is to close

Chipset may offer somehow faster rate of transfer between CPU and Chipset or more lanes from Chipset to m.2 slots with maybe 4 being available. Space shouldn't be an issue, specially with ITX boards have had them on the back now for a while, or with EATX boards having them near the DIMMS.

More m2 slots would be useful but otherwise I’m not sure the rest would be of much use to me on a daily basis. I won’t be over clocking the ram heavily or aiming for high speeds. I’ve done this before and waited, in all probability we could still be waiting a while for x670 boards.

Perhaps it’s worth waiting until the 8th of October and deciding what to do then...

Soldato
More m2 slots would be useful but otherwise I’m not sure the rest would be of much use to me on a daily basis. I won’t be over clocking the ram heavily or aiming for high speeds. I’ve done this before and waited, in all probability we could still be waiting a while for x670 boards.

Perhaps it’s worth waiting until the 8th of October and deciding what to do then...

b550 would save you some cash. most you can run m.2 4.0 and dual 3.0 m.2's

just depends

Back
Top Bottom