Real madrid vs man utd (spoilers)

Man of Honour
Originally posted by Jazz

It isnt :eek:

No, if you're the last defender, but there's someone coming round the back of you to help defend and you take out a guy with the ball (and IIRC Keane had two fellow defenders tracking back who were almost alongside him) you don't get sent off. Not for being last man, anyway. If the tackle is bad enough obviously you could walk for that.

Originally posted by Jazz
looked fair to me, it looked like he just kicked him straight in the calf coz he knew it was a one on one situation

Yeah, it was a cynical, professional foul, and deserved a booking IMO

Soldato
OP
Originally posted by Gilly
No, if you're the last defender, but there's someone coming round the back of you to help defend and you take out a guy with the ball (and IIRC Keane had two fellow defenders tracking back who were almost alongside him) you don't get sent off. Not for being last man, anyway. If the tackle is bad enough obviously you could walk for that.

aah ok, cheers for the info

Don
Originally posted by Cemetery
Yeah they should have had a definate penalty & Barthez should have been sent off. Man U were oh so lucky with those decisions. .

Spose its only fair though cos it will even out all the bad decisions that go against them :p

Soldato
Originally posted by Gilly

Or in less words - If someone else can get back then you're not really the last defender are you?

Soldato
What an incredible game that was, Real are simply out of this world, they are weak defensively, but with all the great attacking footballing sides they always seem weak at the back.

The great Brazillian sides, were never great at the back, they strategy was always, "if the opposition score one, we'll score 2 or 3", that is how Real work and going forward they are simply awesome, i don't think there has ever been a club side as good going forward as them.

United were lucky with the ref, nothing new there then :rolleyes: could have had 3 penalties given against them, first was definate, second when wes Brown was waving his arms around and the ball hit his hand, technically ball to hand, but if you are waving your arms about you are liable to get a penalty given against you, unless you are in a utd shirt, and the "foul" on Guti, i think if guti had not been trying to dummy the ball to allow Raul to collect it, then it would have been a stone cold penalty, but as he jumped over the ball to let it run then it would have been harsh to give it really.

Roll on the second leg at OT, and another footballing lesson by the greatest team in the world.

Soldato
My view of the game; Barthez should have been sent off, presumably Uefa will punish by panel? Ronaldo should have had a penalty too. I think Madrid got to 3 and settled down a bit too much, Man Utd's attack was futile throughout, they just couldn't make an impact.

Real Madrid are awesome. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom