• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

'Real World' - Photoshop Benchmark - Speed Test

Associate
Want to know how fast your computer/cpu is in a non-gaming environment?

This photoshop specific test should help us find out. Is AMD or Intel king when it comes to doing some intense work in the real world?

This speed test is in the form of a photoshop action and a test image. Photoshop will perform a series of tests to determine how fast your computer can perform them. The test must be done with the included image to insure the test is fair and the same for all.

Professional photographers, photoshop professionals and lowly retouch artists have tested this test! They are all in agreement that this test represents a large amount actions carried out by people that use photoshop.

The action could obviously not cater for every element otherwise it would be far too complex for slower systems.

You can download the ‘retouchartists.com speed test’ from:
http://www.retouchartists.com/pages/speedtest.html

Please state your computer specs (cpu, ram etc), version of photoshop used and the time it took with a stopwatch.

Post your results here and also e-mail them to retouchartists.

Thanks to OcUK members for hopefully being a part of this test!

Permabanned
james i dont think it finished properly on yours, it took my 3800 x2 @ 3gig 5mins to complete the test. Hardly any cpu usage but ram peaked at 1.6gb :eek: Nothing was automated for me though, i had to press ok to all the options it wanted to do. :confused:

bru

bru

Soldato
3:15

could proberbly do it quicker if i didnt have loads of stuff open in the background

x2 [email protected]
2gb ram

yes opening it was a bit of a pain as the instructions wernt exactly clear......the way i got it to run was to start up ps..... load the image......on the actions panel click the arrow to bring up the menu and select load an action......after loading select the action and click play.

Back
Top Bottom