• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Associate
I know they would and they have before but why would developers add things in behind the scenes to make the game more difficult for AMD to run the game? They would only hinder their performance on the consoles and that's where most of the sales are.

Soldato
I know they would and they have before but why would developers add things in behind the scenes to make the game more difficult for AMD to run the game? They would only hinder their performance on the consoles and that's where most of the sales are.

PC builds and console builds are all different, so it wouldn't apply. If we're thinking of a Crysis 2-like scenario.

Associate
still does not work in any game I play, its called a gimmick as far and no one sane bought a card with ray tracing the previous generation.
The amount of fps drops means they have to use AI to fix it kinda so until console games uses ray tracing it will be known as the gimmick.

Soldato
https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/f1-2020-nvidia-dlss-update/
f1-2020-nvidia-dlss-3840x2160-performance.png

Soldato
https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/ray-tracing-has-failed-to-deliver-on-its-promise/

Looks like they are giving rtx/dlss "the business". Albiet, the the author is still hoping that something will pan out at some future point. Which is futile in my opinion. All the author had to do was reference his earlier points in the article to come with a more valid conclusion.
Rt is still to expensive on pc
Cost for gpus for it is still to expensive for adaption
Rasterized baked on techniques make it hard to distinguish a big difference in RT effects.
Etc

Instead of flip-flopping on the subject. Which would have made the article objective instead it's just soft.

Last edited:

Rup

Rup

Associate
On F1 2020, get about 10% improvement with DLSS with 1440p ultrawide & RTX2080. Dunno where these 40% claims come from.

Soldato
Not read the article but I agree with the title. I do think the 3000 series will finally deliver on it however. Hence why I waited :D

Really thinking that we won't see 'worth it' and not a massive detriment to performance until series 4. I'm also thinking that by that point, we will start to see some really beautiful titles making impressive usage of the power of ray tracing for natural lighting and wonderful effects.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Really thinking that we won't see 'worth it' and not a massive detriment to performance until series 4. I'm also thinking that by that point, we will start to see some really beautiful titles making impressive usage of the power of ray tracing for natural lighting and wonderful effects.
Well it depends on what your definition of “worth it” is I suppose. We will see. You might well be right. I am just hoping enable it won’t mean tanking fps badly like it is with the 2000 series.

Soldato
Well it depends on what your definition of “worth it” is I suppose. We will see. You might well be right. I am just hoping enable it won’t mean tanking fps badly like it is with the 2000 series.

My version of 'worth it' is pretty much it means you leave it turned on rather than just testing it out. Also, it being more than just a gimmick.

Soldato
OC UK posters: RTX doesn't work, lol low fps

Nvdia RTX3090 playing Control @ 8k with all Ray Tracing settings on Ultra 60fps: Can I join the party?

Soldato
OC UK posters: RTX doesn't work, lol low fps

Nvdia RTX3090 playing Control @ 8k with all Ray Tracing settings on Ultra 60fps: Can I join the party?

Yeah... finally worth buy it seems. They put some serious grunt behind it this time. Next gen will be the game changer IMO as it will bring ray tracing for even more people, but honestly, they seem to have really delivered with performance this gen.

DLSS still feels like a cheat, not gonna lie. It HAS to be in the driver, and supported, so that seems like it will rule out a lot of smaller game titles.

Soldato
Yeah... finally worth buy it seems. They put some serious grunt behind it this time. Next gen will be the game changer IMO as it will bring ray tracing for even more people, but honestly, they seem to have really delivered with performance this gen.

DLSS still feels like a cheat, not gonna lie. It HAS to be in the driver, and supported, so that seems like it will rule out a lot of smaller game titles.

yeah "DLSS 3.0" that was rumoured is no where to be found. Instead we got v2.1, which does offer some decent stuff. DLSS 2.1 gives 8k output option, dynamic resolution option and now works in VR games.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will finally get to try it out soon when my 3080 arrives. So much for your I am an AMD fanboy and won’t buy one theory. As I said, I have probably had more nvidia gpu’s than you have. I even had one of the first ones they ever made I think. You can always click on my GPUHistory link in my sig ;)

I ain’t no fanboy, I just call it as I see it. Both for AMD and Nvidia. Not so long ago I was getting **** from the AMD boys when I went on about AMD dropping the ball with their drivers.

Back
Top Bottom