• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
No thanks

8k native or nothing.:D:)
You any closer to jumping 8K old sport? I am intrigued to hear your thoughts, though I will be staying away from it. I want to stay 4K for the foreseeable future. If I see a 8K monitor, I may not be able to go back to 4K and then my wallet will hate me! :p:D

Man of Honour
You any closer to jumping 8K old sport? I am intrigued to hear your thoughts, though I will be staying away from it. I want to stay 4K for the foreseeable future. If I see a 8K monitor, I may not be able to go back to 4K and then my wallet will hate me! :p:D

I will wait until there are decent 8k monitors.

I don't really want to use a monitor larger than 32"

Having used RTX Titan SLI running 8k offscreen I do know that a single 3090 will not be up to the job so it is probably best to wait for the next gen Hopper cards.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
I will wait until there are decent 8k monitors.

I don't really want to use a monitor larger than 32"

Having used RTX Titan SLI running 8k offscreen I do know that a single 3090 will not be up to the job so it is probably best to wait for the next gen Hopper cards.
Yeah makes sense.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Exactly why I posted this:

As 1.0 was utter *****. Without the games its a nothingburger.

Why is nobody talking about DirectML or DXR?
Because those are not nvidia branded, therefore must be rubbish.

DLSS 1.0 was awesome, sunshine was right guys... Not! :p

Funny thing is, how can you be right about such a thing when there was hardly any games that used it in the 2 years? There was a decent list of games announced and in the end hardly any used it. But sunshine somehow thinks he was right :D

Associate
OP

Funny thing is, how can you be right about such a thing when there was hardly any games that used it in the 2 years? There was a decent list of games announced and in the end hardly any used it. But sunshine somehow thinks he was right :D

my last post was said with tounge in cheek

Associate
Asked this on another thread and the consensus was 'nobody knows', but I'll check here... is there expected to be any future RTX/DLSS features that are exclusive to Ampere? Or as far as we are aware, Ampere is just Turing but... faster?

Man of Honour
Asked this on another thread and the consensus was 'nobody knows', but I'll check here... is there expected to be any future RTX/DLSS features that are exclusive to Ampere? Or as far as we are aware, Ampere is just Turing but... faster?

So far in terms of ray tracing features there is no exclusivity and I doubt there will be outside of performance constraints - in the long run ray tracing will be implemented via industry standards with DXR and the relevant Vulkan paths. Even running on the shaders very slowly Pascal supports all the same features as Ampere for ray tracing.

Stuff running on the Tensor cores like DLSS is another matter though (I can't really say how that will pan out).

Associate
So far in terms of ray tracing features there is no exclusivity and I doubt there will be outside of performance constraints - in the long run ray tracing will be implemented via industry standards with DXR and the relevant Vulkan paths. Even running on the shaders very slowly Pascal supports all the same features as Ampere for ray tracing.

Stuff running on the Tensor cores like DLSS is another matter though (I can't really say how that will pan out).

Thanks, much appreciated!

Soldato

Nvidia priced the 20xx series because they thought RTX would be amazing and everyone would jump on the RTX train. But it wasn't and they didn't :p

I'm guessing they have ended up with a lot of unsold chips again, so this time had to make it "affordable".

Or they know something about AMD's GPUs which we don't...

Or their CEO didn't want to be a meme again.

Back
Top Bottom