really happy its not sunny

Soldato
fatiain said:
Wear one of these next time.

burkha5eg.jpg

MUM?! Is that you? :eek:

Soldato
I'm one of those lucky people that just doesn't burn... at all. Even without suncream. I just go extremely dark brown, and very quickly.

I just got back from Las Vegas yesterday. It was more than 42 degrees for most of the week. Now thats hot. Lots of bright red people. :D

Associate
iCraig said:
Be careful, that was the onset of heatstroke.

Sorry but this is why medical threads are not allowed - shivering is not a sign of heatstroke, heat exhaustion or heat stress. You may experience it towards the end when the body is starting to get back to normal, but by that time you should have already seen a doctor.

Heat Exhaustion and Stroke Symptoms

Heat exhaustion
* Often pale with cool, moist skin
* Sweating profusely
* Feels faint or has collapsed
* May be complaining of headache, weakness, thirst, and nausea
* Core (rectal) temperature elevated—usually more than 100°F—and the pulse rate increased

Heat stroke
* Unconscious or has a markedly abnormal mental status
* Flushed, hot, and dry skin (although it may be moist initially from previous sweating or from attempts to cool the person with water)
* May experience dizziness, confusion, or delirium
* May have slightly elevated blood pressure at first that falls later
* May be hyperventilating
* Rectal (core) temperature of 105°F or more

If you are feeling really ill - see a doctor or phone the NHS helpline - do NOT self diagnose

Last edited:
Soldato
GordyR said:
I'm one of those lucky people that just doesn't burn... at all. Even without suncream. I just go extremely dark brown, and very quickly.

I just got back from Las Vegas yesterday. It was more than 42 degrees for most of the week. Now thats hot. Lots of bright red people. :D

Las Vegas :eek: You lucky! So how much damage did you do? ;)

Permabanned
Takhisis said:
Sorry but this is why medical threads are not allowed - shivering is not a sign of heatstroke, heat exhaustion or heat stress.

Well when I saw my doctor thats what he told me it was, and I kind of trust his medical opinion. Unless of course you're a doctor?

I spent far too long out in the sun and felt shivery for a few hours afterwards. I had a doctors appointment the following day anyway and when I told him what happened, he said that was the onset of sunstroke, a few hours more exposure and my body would have gone through it properly.

Permabanned
GordyR said:

Even black people get sunburned apparently, so I expect you must do too.

Soldato
Tony Soprano said:
Las Vegas :eek: You lucky! So how much damage did you do? ;)

Not too bad actually... Pretty much broke even. :)

dirtydog said:
Even black people get sunburned apparently, so I expect you must do too.

Indeed, i'm sure there must be a point where I would get burned, but I haven't found it yet. Even when I was in Egypt, 46 degrees heat, out in the sun all day with no cream on, just dark brown. :)

Suspended
OP
iCraig said:
Can't you lend anybody elses sunlotion? I don't think the british sun is that aggressive IMO, you should sit out in the mexican sun!

alrady done, twice :p

The first time i went i put that raymans all day 'protection' on. Its water proof and all that i i put it on then didnt leave it for 2hours and went and lied in a shallow pool all day. It must have come off because by day 2 i was in my room getting hot and cold sweats, my skin on face, arms and chest the bubbled and fell off.

I learnt my lesson the 2nd time and used some special rub in foam, it worked and i didnt burn :)

Soldato
geeza said:
Last night i smelt like bacon, my neck, face, chest and arms have been fried and are bright red. In bed i was shivering which probably isnt a good sign.

If you ge to that stage you should really take a cold bath, as nasty as it is. The sooner you can take the heat out the less damage you'll do to your body. You're trying to take the heat out exactly like when you burn a finger on a stove or somesuch. Strongly advise getting some aftersun (unless you're alergic to it or any of its ingredients) and smothering your body with it wherever you've got red marks.

Soldato
GordyR said:

Mate of mine just came back from there yesterday.. took 20 hours as Virgin had overbooked the flights he was supposed to be on. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom