1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really need advice guys

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by legend_of_chaos, 10 May 2010.

1. legend_of_chaos

Associate

Right, i have £1700 to spend on a new system and i was going to get the Ultima Vanquish Intel Core i7 930 2.80GHz @ 4.00GHz Quad Core DDR3 System with a xfx 5870, but i have seen the new AMD system Ultima Raptor AMD Phenom II X6 Six Core 1090T Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 4.00GHz DDR3 System, i don't know if i should go ATI or Nvidia for my GPU, and i'm now stuck as to which system to get, i want the best sytem that £1700 can buy and one that i can easily upgrade in a year or two, any help would be much appreciated, the system will be used for gaming ie TF2 BC2 MW2, general everyday use, software used mainly will be mixmeister fusion+video and ableton live.

2. Jae-So

Mobster

I like the i7 system, and I'd get a 5970 over a GTX480 any day, oh and build it urself man

3. crisbduck

Hitman

I think amd is the only way to go if you want to upgrade in a year or two, although i believe that is questionable to whether there will be a new socket