Really need your expertise and knowledge to diagnose a hard reset problem. Please Help

Soldato
OP
guessing trying the difference PSU didnt help? though couldn't see from above if you managed to get ahold of one

what is the brand of board ? and did you get form ocuk?
The board is a z1 sniper g170 and the power supply is a kolink 1000w bronze :/
The Motherboard unfortunately is from a different webshop but the kolink i have just rung up and RMA'd I will beg my friend vince to send me a temporary platinum rated PSU so that i can make sure the psu was the problem, and if it STILL crashes using that one, then i will buy a new Motherboard as well....
Such an annoying situation...
It's like trying to diagnose your partner when you ask "whats wrong" and she says "oh nothing...." lmao

Soldato
The board is a z1 sniper g170 and the power supply is a kolink 1000w bronze :/
The Motherboard unfortunately is from a different webshop but the kolink i have just rung up and RMA'd I will beg my friend vince to send me a temporary platinum rated PSU so that i can make sure the psu was the problem, and if it STILL crashes using that one, then i will buy a new Motherboard as well....
Such an annoying situation...
It's like trying to diagnose your partner when you ask "whats wrong" and she says "oh nothing...." lmao

haha

is board still within 3 years of purchase ? if so can RMA with Gigabyte - if needs be send the Chip and Ram/GPU in ... though not sure how GDRP will effect things now =/

Soldato
OP
haha

is board still within 3 years of purchase ? if so can RMA with Gigabyte - if needs be send the Chip and Ram/GPU in ... though not sure how GDRP will effect things now =/
The gpu is all good, as i said i tried a brand new gpu in the system and a similar thing happened. The ram motherboard and cpu were all bought in march 2016 , but i think thats a good idea, although as I said, not sure actually which part is causing the issue :/

Soldato
The gpu is all good, as i said i tried a brand new gpu in the system and a similar thing happened. The ram motherboard and cpu were all bought in march 2016 , but i think thats a good idea, although as I said, not sure actually which part is causing the issue :/

if board is in Warranty- worth communicating with gigabyte to see if your able to ship up the core components as its an odd one - @GIGA-Man
I know kolink has their own rep on here to @Kolink PSU PM - Phil

Associate
I guess there are a number of possibilities here, but it does smack of just a software issue. It just so happens this has occurred right after hardware problems which is making you look in the wrong direction. It could well be you have sorted the hardware problems and what remains is a software issue caused simply by the fact that you have installed a different model graphics card and in doing so you have introduced a new software or hardware incompatibility.
Forgive me for sounding patronising, though, but do buy better PSU's!! There is a reason why they are more expensive.

Soldato
OP
I guess there are a number of possibilities here, but it does smack of just a software issue. It just so happens this has occurred right after hardware problems which is making you look in the wrong direction. It could well be you have sorted the hardware problems and what remains is a software issue caused simply by the fact that you have installed a different model graphics card and in doing so you have introduced a new software or hardware incompatibility.
Forgive me for sounding patronising, though, but do buy better PSU's!! There is a reason why they are more expensive.
Yes you are right, it's not patronizing, i just couldn't bear to spend near to £200 when i had just spent £400 on a vega.... twice in one year

Soldato
OP
Okay so update to this,

It's still happening,
I took the entire pc apart and started again reseating everything

I overclocked the pc to 4.7ghz (i5 6600k) which i had never done before, i overclocked the ram to 2800 (from 2666) and i overclocked the Vega 64 to 1050 mhz memory and 1700mhz core, with +50% power increase
I then ran with those settings - Furmark + cpu burn test + cpu -z stress test + seagate hardrive test + video memory stress test +ram test + Aida64 ALL TESTS
ALL AT THE SAME TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for 1 hour stressing everything to 100% and grinding the system to a slow crawl

BUT

No crash and no errors...................

Yet when i run a game when it is at stock settings , the PC restarts itself within 5 minutes...

This is really started to drive me absolutely flipping crazy, please someone help me.

Associate
Is the issue still crashing when alt tab / low load? If so check your C-States in bios.

If the crashing is when in games, what is your pagefile size, and to what drive? Try removing your pagefile from the drive it is on, to any other for testing, the PSU could have damaged the drive.

Associate
I really do think you are looking at a software issue here. Or firmware. I have had numerous problems like this in the past and they very often only show up during games, because games hammer everything all at once. They don't just test individual components but they also test how those components work together. It's often very difficult to tie down exactly what's going on but one day, a driver update or firmware update and it all mysteriously disappears. I know you don't want to hear this but I would contemplate buying a really cheap poopy graphics card and trying that.

Back
Top Bottom