reasons to change from a 20GB-360 to a 250gb PS3 slim?

Permabanned
I added a ps3 to go with my 360 and i never use it for games, only to watch movies/tv from external hd and some b rays, i don't like the xmb (but i think there is an update coming to make it more 360ish style dash).

Id only swap if u really wanna play some ps3 exclusives, but then again u could borrow a ps3 from a mate for a week to play them ;)

Soldato
They wont change the interface to make it more like the 360, i find it much easier to use, i would rather they didnt change it as its the standard layout they use on their sony tv's aswell so it would be a shock if they decided to change it.

Associate
I have both consoles and at the end of the day comes down to the games. I think Sony has the better exclusives out now and coming out in the future. The only series that really gets me going on the 360 is gears of war, mass effect is still waiting to be played.

Yes the 360 is slightly better online but as you stated you pay for it per month and I hear party chat is coming to the PS3 (although been hearing that for 2.5 years). But I find games to be less laggy online on the PS3 in general and I generally can get on the same team as a friend and talk to him anyway so not a huge issue not having cross game chat, but would be nice.

If you already have a BD player then not many reasons to get a 360 over a PS3 unless there are some games you really want to play. But I would be sad if I couldn't play MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted 1 & 2, LBP, etc as well as GoW, Halo, etc.

Soldato
OP
Even with the savings of online play i'm struggling to justify the change. I only play a select few games and was kinda hoping someone could open me up to a whole host of positives the PS3 could do over the 360.

I don't seem to get the time much anymore which is why i was considering a change....i guess saving £40 a year isn't really much of a benefit. I'll wait for next gen consoles for that.

Soldato
If you only have one console your missing out on half the gaming experience, cover your bases and have both. For example if i only had a 360 I wouldn't be able to play Wipeout, Gran Turismo or killzone 2 if you see what i mean :)

Associate
i have a ps3 in the pipeline to sit alongside my 360 and already have a bunch of exclusives sitting here waiting to be played, the way i see it is that now i will be able to play all the great exclusives, however if a game is multi plat ill either get it for my 360 or pc purley because i prefer the pad/ kb mouse, not bought it yet but from what i hear of uncharted 2 its almost worth the console purchase alone

Associate
My housemate has a PS3, and never uses it. I spend a lot of time on it, playing LittleBigplanet :) love that game, especially when you make your Sackboy look like a camp 70s jogger .
The only two things i look for in games consoles is A: the Games available and B: which friends have which so I can play online. This led me to get a 360. Aside from said housemate, i only know one other person with a PS3, and he never uses it. 75-80% of my mates have 360s. Most of them have Wii's too *shudder* drunken parties were never so destuctive

Back
Top Bottom