• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Reboot GC question

Associate
Hi all. I'm posting this question here because it is GC related. I have had many graphics cards through the years (both Ati and Nvidia) and noticed that on reboot they behave in 2 different ways - as the pc is restarting just before the post, some gc's drop the signal to the monitor for a second(approx) so that the monitor switches off then on, whilst others maintain the signal so that the monitor stays powered on throughout. I have just changed my x800xt for an x850xt (not an upgrade - just a replacement). The x800xt (sapphire) rebooted without the monitor switching off, but with the x850xt (Powercolor) the monitor switches off as described above. Is this the way some cards are or is there something that can be changed in the bios etc ? ..Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom