Rebuild.

Associate
I don't have a name for this project, So its just a rebuild. I will do mods as i go along, with only a base plan at this stage.

Not everything will be new, some item like the case has been in service for the last 2 years.

Introducing the PC-011 Dynamic, Personally I think this is a great case.

First mod was to make a Corsair XR7 54mm thick 360 rad go in a space that supposed to be only 50mm deep. I will admit the space is tight, but with careful use of a file the mod is complete.

Exhibit 1.

file.jpg

The victim

Corsair XR7 360 Size 395mm x 120mm x 54mm

Testing idea.

Mark out.

It Fits.

Side fitted.

XR5 360 mounted in the top.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
So do i fit a new Asus Maximus Formula XII & the new 10900K or stick with the Maximus Formula XI and the 9900k i have already. Looking at benchmarks, i don't really see much improvement v Cost involved.

Associate
very clean install, should look really good when completed, looking forward to seeing it
personally, i like to use a fan controller, but ofc a generic one that can handle anything i might need from it

Associate
OP
Let talk mistakes. I think in every build something goes wrong, we just don't get to hear about it.

Prior to using the Corsair rads, i purchased two EK coolstream 360s. Thickness wise they fit, however the main case power board for the case gets in the way, I decided i would shave the moulded plugs down to allow the rads to fit..Not the greatest idea Ive had.

Needles to say, i had to order a new complete item from Lian Li. Amazing service, arrived in less than a week.

Old. I completely murdered the USB type C port.
3.jpg

And new. No clearance issues 1mm free from touching the side of the rad.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Associate
OP
OK, lets talk Mainboard. Originally i was going to use my Asus maximus formula xi. with i9-9900 However a simple mistake means that's not going to happen. I'm unable to purchase a new one, due to not stock around so this leaves bad ideas. My 9900k would sell on eBay for about £250.

So do i just get a new Z370 board... Gigabyte Intel Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE option 1.

or Asus maximus formulaXII + i9-10900k selling the 9900k means costs are about the same.. but 125 TDP v 95 TDP hmmmm. option 2.

Note to self dont leave motherboard and cat in the same room when you dont have cpu socket cover on. Cats still alive....

Associate
OK, lets talk Mainboard. Originally i was going to use my Asus maximus formula xi. with i9-9900 However a simple mistake means that's not going to happen. I'm unable to purchase a new one, due to not stock around so this leaves bad ideas. My 9900k would sell on eBay for about £250.

So do i just get a new Z370 board... Gigabyte Intel Z390 AORUS XTREME WATERFORCE option 1.

or Asus maximus formulaXII + i9-10900k selling the 9900k means costs are about the same.. but 125 TDP v 95 TDP hmmmm. option 2.

Note to self dont leave motherboard and cat in the same room when you dont have cpu socket cover on. Cats still alive....

What a nightmare! Leaving the socket exposed is always a recipe for disaster. I swear those pins can bend with a light breeze.

Associate
OP
What a nightmare! Leaving the socket exposed is always a recipe for disaster. I swear those pins can bend with a light breeze.

Tell me about it, but when its your own fault, you have to just suck it up. New board due tomorrow, Sorry OC but you did not have what I've gone for. Off work over the weekend, so fingers crossed everything arrives.

Associate
OP
Well OC delivery of the new fans has arrived.

IMG-3105.jpg

IMG-3106.jpg

Nice headers, direct to motherboard only a splitter needed for D-rgb and that comes with the fans.

IMG-3107.jpg

Last build i used TT fans, but i'm wanting a more subtle finish, I also have and in built hatred of controller units.

IMG-3109.jpg

More junk goes into the old box of bits never used.

IMG-3110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom