Rebuild.

Associate
OP
Ok, this is what it looks like before i strip it down, water in the pipes is from me flushing each pipe before fitting, none of the connections are tight, i also remade a few of the pipes to make the finish a bit better, im not happy with one pipe, but that will need to wait until OC are open and i order 3m more. :rolleyes:

IMG-3140.jpg

IMG-3141.jpg

Associate
That drain pipe does like a right PITA, and does catch the eye against the rest of the build. But I cant really say anything considering how my loop turned out and just went "well it works".

Loving this build log :)

Associate
OP
Comments noted i guess drain pipe will need a redesign. leak test was great all completed, that's the good news, also tested machine, bad news time. the three side fans all catch parts of the case, so having to full strip, and remove the offending bits. will update as this is done.

Associate
Comments noted i guess drain pipe will need a redesign. leak test was great all completed, that's the good news, also tested machine, bad news time. the three side fans all catch parts of the case, so having to full strip, and remove the offending bits. will update as this is done.
Well that's unfortunate. At least you've got an easy way to drain the loop :D

Soldato
Saying the drain pipe looks bad
Was only because the rest looks so good
So was actually a compliment really lol
I might be tempted to drill a new hole
For the drain directly below that 90 degree on the pump outlet personally
Then just a clean straight bit of tube
Or might be possible to just put a ball
Valve on that 90 degree
Then to drain you just rotate the 90 a bit
To the right and screw on a bit of pipe
Any way not sure it will fully drain as looks like the gpu block part of its lower
Than the pump outlet
Don't mean to be critical, just thinking
Aloud
So feel free to ignore me if my advice sucks lol

Soldato
Hard to quite tell as on my phone so can't see the pics as well as on pc
Could you put a 90 on the bulkhead fitting, then a straight extender with a 90 on the end of it on the 90 coming
Out the pump aimed at the 90 on the bulkhead?
Sorry if that sounds complicated
It's not really, I can see it in my head
But can't explain it right

Associate
OP
Back to work so things slow down, I have removed the offending tabs from the case. This should stop the fans catching. While everythng was out, i took the opportunity to touch up the bad areas on the case, using hammerite satin black smooth, it produced a great finish, but a long drying time.
I also have ordered 6 metres of hardline & two right angle fittings, to do something with the drain off, i'm also considering a few pipe alterations to improve the look a bit and possibly find a way to install a filling pipe.

During test i notice it took ages to clear all the air, i partly blame this on the return pipe coming directly in the bottom of the res, the pumps is sucking air back into the system, i will admit having the pump on full bore... turning it down helped.

Before
IMG-3146.jpg

After
IMG-3151.jpg

Soldato
When it comes to a filling port
I use multiport radiators
If your top radiator has 4 or 6 ports having
A fill port is easy
And of course you are filling from the highest point in the loop making it easier to remove air
Also makes it easier to drain because once you open the drain port
You can also open the fill port
Means no air locks slowing down the drain it empties really fast and easily

Associate
OP
On the list of changes, fill pot going under the top cover but cannot use the original cap, so working on a replacement idea, it will run into a T junction just before the flow metre, also going to raise the flow pipe to the cpu block a bit, this will help to draw the eye away from the flow metre as well, also making a small bracket to fit under the flow metre.
The drain hole works great, but the pipework looks crap, so redoing this, i also need to make i new feed pipe to the flow metre due to moving it central to the ram. Return pipe to the res needs a off valve, will help with draining & allows for correct setting up of the D5 Next, OCD sucks sometimes.

My crimpers and everything i need to build the wiring harnesses has arrive, first time for everything i guess.

Associate
OP
if a pipe has any fault its scrapped, I've made a few pipes that fit great, then see a small kink or worse a small blister from to much heat. also snapped my silicon bender in a finished pipe.

its all good fun... !

Back
Top Bottom