Rec Room - General chat, hints and tips

Soldato
Hey All,

Had a quick search and couldn't find a Rec Room thread.

Thought we could use this one for general chat, hints and tips.

How many folks here are still using Rec Room, I recall when I first picked up a Rift a few of us had some games in Jumbatron etc.

Let me know if we should do a user roster on this first post and I will keep it up to date :D

Soldato
I still make regular visits to the Rec Room. It's been constantly updated with new stuff. I play paintball most often, but I don't think I have any tips as I am pretty bad at it. Keep teleporting and keep moving, don't get caught standing and shooting from the one spot or you will get picked off.

Would love if their was an OCUK VR night organised every week, get a few people together to do a few quests or play some paintball. And then maybe expand it to other games. Kind of like a book club, the OCUK VR Club.

Soldato
OP
Hiya, the Star Trek bridge crew OCUK sessions were good fun :)

For Rec Room I am still trying to figure out how you invite mates into games, we were trying to sort out some Jumbatron at the weekend, I would go into a game and then invite people but they kept getting room full messages and some randoms joined instead.

Is there a good method for setting up games in Rec Room?

Soldato
Private parties is the only reliable way. Well, it used to be. You don't go to a game and invite people, you start a party then go to a game.

Associate
I keep checking it out every now and then, but arranging an evening would be cool. I've still got both of you on Steam, so if I'm online and you want to jump into Rec Room or anything else, drop me a message.

Associate
I love Rec Room, it amazes me that this is free, and I mean totally free!

It’s been updated yet again and now has Bowling.

Rec Room alone makes the Oculus Quest a must have gadget!

Back
Top Bottom