1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rechargable Batteries for 360 pad?

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by GreenMint, 12 May 2010.

1. GreenMint

Perma Banned

Hey guys, just wondered what batteries and charger would be recommended for my 360 pad? The play and charge pack seems to last less and less as time goes on, and I've heard good/better things about rechargables lasting longer!

Only looking for 2-4 batteries and a charger, what would you recommend guys? :)

2. Vonhelmet

Caporegime

3. alex24

Capodecina

Been using off the shelf energizer rechargables for mine with no issues, despite the instructions saying you cant!

4. Shamikebab

Capo Crimine

I'm using energizers as well.

5. Zensuji

Mobster

I got some 2650mah duracells and they seem to last months. The official packs are terrible....well they are now. Really cheap AA's inside.

6. finite

Wise Guy

If you have a local Lidl it's worth seeing if they still have some of the chargers from 2 weeks ago. They're bundled with batteries which will do for a start, but the charger is essentially a repackaged Ansmann Energy 8 for less than a 1/3rd of the price.

7. 4T5

Man of Honour

I got a Panasonic charger & some GP 2100's from my Mates shop on the cheap & don't know why I bothered with the Plug & play crap in the first place. Life is so much easier with Four re chargeables & they last for ages & you get to use them in other things when you need to.
    I'd advise Everybody to go out & get a charger & four batterys Now.

8. PiKe

Caporegime

GP Recyko, about £7 for 6 of them at the moment.

9. TheDean

Soldato

I need to get some of these I think...

10. monkeyspank

Soldato

hybrios are pretty good for stuff like game controllers and remotes etc as they don't really discharge when not being used.

11. PiKe

Caporegime

That, and you can have several in reserve and still be assured they're fully charged :)

12. TheDean

Soldato

Went for the Hybrios & charger in the 2nd post :)

13. monkeyspank

Soldato

Just a note, that charger works on a timer, not on how charged the batteries are. Bear in mind that they will come fairly charged up out of the pack so use them before you charge them :)

14. TheDean

Soldato

Cheers. I noticed they come ready charged, so we'll see how we get on. I got them really as we were broken into the the naughty robber people took my controllers which had the rechargeable battery packs in them, but left me the docking station :confused:
    I'm on my last set of 'normal' batteries, and Red Dead Redemption gets delivered next week, so want to be ready to go for then. I can imagine the nightmare of running out of juice now...

15. PiKe

Caporegime

Surely it's delta V like every other modern charger? Timer chargers went out with VHS tapes!

16. monkeyspank

Soldato

It says "Automatic Timer Control" in the description.

It could have a cut off too I suppose but it doesn't mention that. It's cheap anyway so I'd be careful with it. Not saying it won't do a good job though!

17. biron_w

Sgarrista

Same here.I bought some and a philips 2 hour quick charger.After the initial charge about 2 months ago i'm still on my second pair:D

18. PiKe

Caporegime

Last edited: 13 May 2010
  19. fornowagain

Sgarrista

Or something like a Nyko Charge Base, brilliant bit of kit.

[​IMG]

20. monkeyspank

Soldato

Doooo eeeet.
    I've got one of those and it's brilliant. It has resurrected quite a lot of my old batteries that weren't holding charge. I don't know what your duracell one is like though, so it might not be any better than what you have.