Rechargable Batteries for 360 pad?

Soldato
I use the '7Dayshop' brand charger bought from the rain forest shop, it's a really good charger that has the function to discharge and renew batteries so it can revive previously dead rechargeable's.
The batteries I have are a roatation of Energizer 2450's and some '7Dayshop' 2800's, all excellent at keeping the charge and lasting a good while in the controller and also all bought at great prices from the rainforest shop.

Soldato
Seems odd that they last for so long in my controllers (and camera) then. I mean it sounds like you know what you're talking about, yet the evidence suggests to the contrary.
They last longer than the energizer 2450's.
Cheap isn't always nasty. I've paid stupid prices for stuff sometimes and it's been absolute junk.

Caporegime
Maybe quality can vary then, because I have seen people unhappy with actual capacities of 7dayshop batteries on other forums. If they work for you, then that's great :)

Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Caporegime
Tempted by these Duracell 2650's

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Duracell-Supr...rElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item2302bf5a51

Wasn't sure if anyone knew of a good bundle of them with a not too expensive, but good charger?

Edit: probably best to go with

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Uniross-X-Pre...rElectronics_Batteries_SM&hash=item33526f1126

Also from the guy selling the 2100's in post #2
You want hybrio's really as regular NiHM batteries have a fairly high self discharge rate, so when they're sitting in your controller, not even being used, they will still discharge. Now depending on your actual usage, lower capacity hybrio's MAY last longer.

Caporegime
You want hybrio's really as regular NiHM batteries have a fairly high self discharge rate, so when they're sitting in your controller, not even being used, they will still discharge. Now depending on your actual usage, lower capacity hybrio's MAY last longer.

In my real-life experience they DEFINITELY last longer ;)

Associate
You can do better than those bundled xpress 300 chargers, a while back they were sold off at £5 with 4 Hybrios. I've got a couple in a draw doing nowt although I'm sticking to Panasonic Infiniums for batteries when I buy new.

Associate
I've been reading for the past few hours about these LSD(low self discharge) batteries, there are quite a few out there. So far I think that the uniross variant is the best, certainly when you figure in the price. 4xAAA is 3.95 on amazon. I've not read much about the panasonic ones yet, so I should look into them more.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would a lower capacity battery last longer?

Caporegime
I've been reading for the past few hours about these LSD(low self discharge) batteries, there are quite a few out there. So far I think that the uniross variant is the best, certainly when you figure in the price. 4xAAA is 3.95 on amazon. I've not read much about the panasonic ones yet, so I should look into them more.

Forgive my ignorance, but why would a lower capacity battery last longer?

Most rechargeables "self-discharge" which means that the reaction when they charge reverses while they're sat around, so the energy is lost. The Hybrio types use some jiggery-pokery to stop that happening when the batteries aren't in use.

Soldato
Most rechargeables "self-discharge" which means that the reaction when they charge reverses while they're sat around, so the energy is lost. The Hybrio types use some jiggery-pokery to stop that happening when the batteries aren't in use.

That's good to know. Is it worth going out of your way to get higher MAH ones?

Back
Top Bottom