recomend me a chinese!

Associate
hate threads like this, so does my belly

my personal fav is Special Chow Mein, this is a noodle dish with all the trimming's of the other meats an prawns packed into 1 meal

basicly bit of everything :) that red pork is lovly

btw does anyone know what the meal they serve in the chinese is called that is diced / shredded meat an is served with lettice leafs you basicly spoon the meat into the leaf then wrapp it around and eat it like that?

Suspended
Ransom said:
btw does anyone know what the meal they serve in the chinese is called that is diced / shredded meat an is served with lettice leafs you basicly spoon the meat into the leaf then wrapp it around and eat it like that?

yeh, its called "shredded beef in lettuce leaves"!

Associate
thats it, damn nice

we had it as part of a set meal, do they serve it as a single main meal or not? as there was quite a huge pile (was 4 of us) never had it before an it was very nice

Soldato
Ransom said:
thats it, damn nice

we had it as part of a set meal, do they serve it as a single main meal or not? as there was quite a huge pile (was 4 of us) never had it before an it was very nice

yep they serve it seperately matey! :)

its gorgeous had it when i flew back from spain once as soon as i got in, we ordered it.

do they server it with Cous-Cous aswell? i believe we had Cous-Cous, Mince Meat, And Vine Leaves.

Suspended
just a note that real chinese food (in china) isnt anything like what we have in britain. its all about chillied pigs ears and bok choy. the ears are not too good but bok choy is really nice.
Its all sloppy glutinus crap over here. of course us britains are all for that nice unhealthy stuff :rolleyes:

Caporegime
geeza said:
just a note that real chinese food (in china) isnt anything like what we have in britain. its all about chillied pigs ears and bok choy. the ears are not too good but bok choy is really nice.
Its all sloppy glutinus crap over here. of course us britains are all for that nice unhealthy stuff :rolleyes:

pig ears? where the hell did you eat?

It's more steamed food like fish and more soups too. Chicken is also have plain with ginger/spring onions in soy sauce and vegetable oil.

Suspended
Raymond Lin said:
pig ears? where the hell did you eat?

a large restaurant in a poor area just at the start of our yanksee river cruise, if i remember rightly. They had all sorts of strange dishes, there was 5 of us and they brought out around 18 dishes. Of course, im going to try them all. why not? one was particulary interesting, it was like creme caramel underneath a layer salty gravy! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom