1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomend me an TV Tuner card please.

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Chris19, 26 Feb 2006.

1. Chris19

Hitman

Basicly im after one that offers freeview and normal TV an remote would be good but not needed.

Any help would be great.

2. Energize

Caporegime

Compro VideoMate dvb-t 200, cheap and comes with a remote. Ive got 2 in my media center. It doesnt have an fm radio reciever built in though.

3. BurningHorizons

Wise Guy

Go for the Compro VideoMate DVB-T300 Digital & Analog TV Internal PCI - Retail (GX-001-CP) not the T-200 which is only Digital.

4. Energize

Caporegime

Why spend the extra money when normal tv is on freeview?

5. Drefsab

Gangster

Because you never know when you might want to connect an analog video source :D

6. Energize

Caporegime

The dvb-t200 has svideo and composite inputs.

7. MNuTz

Banned

Ive lots of good stuff about the Leadtek WinFast DTV1000T.

Does everything you want and comes with a remote. You can pick it up for around £44 inc VAT!

8. BurningHorizons

Wise Guy

In certain areas freeview can have a dodgy signal when analogue is perfectly fine.

9. Vegeta

Soldato

Analogue has 5 channels compared to freeviews 30+, I doubt hes buying the card to watch analogue, get the dvbt200 mate no point in wasting money.
    But since you want normal tv (dont know why you get those channels in freeview) then dvbt300 is for you, you get a remote also.

10. Chris19

Hitman

Thanks for the replies, i wasnt thinking when made the post forgot that normal tv was on freeveiw.

11. Energize

Caporegime

You get those channels with freeview so you have them in digital mpeg2 format. In a few years they're going to stop analogue tv broadcasting and switch to digital which is much better.

12. Amp34

Caporegime

I dunno, a good analogue signal is miles better than most digital signals, especially where water is involved (the compression to digital makes it really blocky). Although to get the signal quality you would have to be sat almost ontop of the trsansmitter. :p

13. Energize

Caporegime

Water isnt blocky if the bitrate is high enough, I certainly havent noticed blocky water when watching tv.

14. Trip Hazard

Gangster

Got a quick question for the T200/T300 owners: can you manually tune or is it auto-tuning only?
    Probably sounds like a silly question but I had an all in wonder card that couldn't be manually tuned (didn't find out until lafter I bought it) and it irked me a just little.

15. Energize

Caporegime

Yes you can use manual tuning.