1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recomendation plxplx

Discussion in 'Memory' started by Your Dog Sucks, 1 May 2006.

1. Your Dog Sucks

Associate

I am building system soon and I was thinking of getting like an

amd 64 3700 and overclocking that to 2.6

I will be running stock air cooling, everyone liek says nowadays that 2gb ram is needed, so i guess i will have to compensate by not getting seasonic s12 600 watt and getting a ultra-x 500 watt. is that good btw? and using the money to squeeze and buying a 2gb kit, the cheapest 1 I seen is geil value, can anyone tell me if its a good performer, all I want to do is overclock to 2.6 ghz, and hardly have any money to spend on this ram dilema thingy, so yea geil value or maybe someone knows a better ram for that price which is 2gig

thanks,

your dog sucks

2. Minstadave

Caporegime

Firstly, is this for a gaming machine? Just to get an idea of how much RAM you'll need :)

3. squiffy

Banned

If the PC is for normal use 1GB is plenty, but 2GB if it's a gaming machine. Don't got the ultra-x just to save some money, they're not very good.

4. Your Dog Sucks

Associate

ehm yea gaming machine pretty much, I dunno like oblivion, WoW, liek all these new fps things that are comming out yea, ehm ok so the ultra-x is no good, what is good then? i need to save 40 quid tho, the original seasonic s12 600 watt is 103 pound

5. hp7909

Soldato

Do you really need 500w~600w? See here.

Enermax, FSP (Sparkle) & Tagan's come in very highly recommended, especially the latter ;)

Memory, 2GB's a must! Regarding Geil Value Kit's overclockabilty, sorry don't know :(

6. Minstadave

Caporegime

Go with the Geil Value and a Tagan PSU, just run the Geil on a divider and clock the CPU freely, you'll get great performance (S939 don't need a high memory clock, they've got plenty of memory bandwidth so it doesn't matter about using a divider).

7. Your Dog Sucks

Associate

ehm dont calculator check thingie, seems i really need only 500, even with all these weird things like capacitor aging and soming else up a bit, so yea, whats a ram divider