Recommend a golf game

Soldato
Can anyone recommend me a good PC golf game that plays like the console versions of tiger woods, ive tried the pc version of tiger woods 2006 and it seems like the poor cousin ( god damm awfull) compared to its console counterparts, i h8 the grids, the fact you cant add spin nor power with a few taps of the gamepad, the mediocre courses etc etc.

Soldato
Yeah I quite fancy a decent golf game, with awesome graphics and good tournament modes and stuff, would be cool :)

I used to love PGA Tour Golf, used to play it with my dad, brother and my dads friend on an old Mac, was awesome!

Soldato
Can add spin by moving the mouse correctly within the back/forward motion

Can add courses that others make available online.

No weird shot breaker rubbish - straight golf :)

Whats not to like?

Associate
shot-online and albatross18 aren't proper golf tbh :p far too cartoony and manga like for me (it might be good for you if you like that sort of thing). plus they are free to play but you can buy items and stuff with real cash if you really wanted.

i've just bought custom play golf and links 2003 (it's got some really crap copy protection on it). links 2003 is ok gameplay wise, but graphically it's dated. custom play golf is pretty poor tbh, it was difficult to pick up and play so i didn't persevere. i paid £5 each from a popular river related online retailer.

other than that, tiger woods is your best option. iirc from 2004 version you move the target spot on the ball in order to add spin prior to the shot and if you time your swing you get that power shot animation.

nin9a

Soldato
Psymonkee said:
Can add spin by moving the mouse correctly within the back/forward motion

Can add courses that others make available online.

No weird shot breaker rubbish - straight golf :)

Whats not to like?

Here here.

I was GLAD that TW 2006 contained none of the "Dumbed down" for console CARP.

I used to play that game a LOT. Fun online as well.

Back
Top Bottom