Recommend a Good Usenet Provider?

Permabanned
Goumet said:
Are there still such things a free usenet access (uncensored?), my ISP doesn't host them anymore.

Cheers

I still get free usenet access. Limited to 2x30KBps threads though and 20GB/month.

Soldato
Does anyone have any recommendations on Unlimited services that are known (TESTED!) to support 10Mb. newshosting is only giving me 4meg.

And no silly prices like Giganews

Soldato
Skiddley said:
Does anyone have any recommendations on Unlimited services that are known (TESTED!) to support 10Mb. newshosting is only giving me 4meg.

And no silly prices like Giganews

Just remember that you get what you pay for. There's a reason that Giganews is fairly expensive compared to the rest and it isn't just because of the 70 day retention ...

Soldato
Better to do speeds in KB/s other wise it gets confusing.

But yes you should be getting faster speeds. i get around 1.3mb/sec with my line and thats the max i can get

sid

sid

Soldato
Bah I just made another thread, didnt see this one

Does anyone know of a provider that will accept paypal other than usenetmonster who seem to be having probs atm

sid

Soldato
Giganews for sure.

Well prices especially with the good dollar rates at the moment, excellent retention 70+ days on most binary groups, and the speed is to say the least awesome, I have seen the news europe server feeding a line with 6.5MB/s yes I mean megabytes not bits.

Upto 10 connections on the unlimited is also excellent.

sid

sid

Soldato
news demon seem to accept paypal. im on them now, seems fast enough though at upto 700k on the 8mbit maxdsl line

sid

Back
Top Bottom