Recommend me a Antivirus and Firewall.

Permabanned
hyper_piper45 said:
At the moment i am using Kaspersky Anti Virus and Kerio Personal firewall. Both seem pretty good and i've had no problems so i suppose they are working :)

Yup same here :)

Soldato
I use NOD32 for AV, can't fault it at all. Even convinced my bro who liked Norton! :p Firewall wise, I use my Router + XP SP2's built in firewall.

Is this ok though??? Or should I use perhaps Zone Alarm or Kerio Personal Firewall instead, or, even with the XP SP2 firewall?

Thanks! :D

Soldato
OP
I uninstalled Sygate and installed Kerio. Sygate has been discontinued so I was a little worried about updates etc... Very happy with Kerio so far.

Firegod: I also use a router which has a firewall, but I would strongly recommend a software firewall to stop unwanted applications, virus's, dialers, etc..etc.. from connecting to the net. Also, if the router misses anything the software firewall should knock it out.

I think ZA, Kerio and Outpost are the three best firewalls. It's a shame Symantec took over Sygate, they were obviously jelous that Sygate was better and FREE :(

Very happy with NOD32, can't believe it uses hardly any resources on my PC. Also, you can make it do a more thorough scan, if you don't mind about the speed.

Soldato
im using zonealarm firewall, noadware and ewido (antimalware). Zone Alarm is very good. Maybe anything is good after using Norton for 2 years!

Soldato
Zildjian said:
Firegod: I also use a router which has a firewall, but I would strongly recommend a software firewall to stop unwanted applications, virus's, dialers, etc..etc.. from connecting to the net. Also, if the router misses anything the software firewall should knock it out.

I think ZA, Kerio and Outpost are the three best firewalls. It's a shame Symantec took over Sygate, they were obviously jelous that Sygate was better and FREE :(

Ok cheers for that. I guess I'll give one of those a go along with the XP firewall... can't be too carefull. :D ZA or Kerio? Hmm!

Back
Top Bottom